Late model Ford service DVD's ARE still made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was searching for these last year, even some Ford techs here said no, they stopped making them after 2015 or so and went all online. Apparently not. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3245394381...,osub=osub,crd=crd,segname=segname,chnl=mkcid

s-l1600.jpg

Outdated info. I don't know of any dealer that uses them. Everything is online and the correct listings in the workship and wiring diagrams comes up automatically in OASIS when you hook up the IDS, now FDRS, to the vehicle. Same with any applicable TSBs, SSMs, or FSAs. The manuals are updated daily with new or revised information.

Service info gets updated overtime for the same vehicles.
Just how much new information is there on how to to R&R an engine or transmission, how to replace brake pads, calipers or rotors, how to remove the radio, rear seat, or window motor, etc. that would make a 3,5 or 10 year old disc useless? That would be like saying the printed repair manuals for 2010 cars are now out dated. That's what TSB's are for. To supplement the info in the service manuals.

They really should offer some sort of reasonable option for owners... nearly $3000.00 a year is absurd.

Ford isn't the only one either. Miss the old Bentley maulas for VW too... (they would update)

Also those wouldn't have come from Ford anyway. They do not print manuals. All the publishing is from Helm INC.
They are not printed manuals but DVDs. Yes, Ford doesn't have a DVD manufacturing line in Detroit to make them, they contract with an outside company to produce them and then distribute the discs to the dealers or techs.

They are not printed manuals but DVDs. Yes, Ford doesn't have a DVD manufacturing line in Detroit to make them, they contract with an outside company to produce them and then distribute the discs to the dealers or techs.
True, but no dealers use them. Everything is available to us online with real time updates. Same with the manuals, they show up and go right in the recycling bin.

Would anyone care to shed some light on how the DVD year scheme works? Would a 2020 DVD _only_ contain information for the 2020 model year? or does it contain the past years too? I have a 2015 Expedition and trying to determine what would be appropriate/correct disc for my truck. If the discs contain the cumulative data for the all previous years then it seems like finding the latest published disc for your desired model would make the most sense but given the capacity limits of DVD, I suspect it might not be enough space on a single DVD to contain _all_ the model & years on a single disk. Thanks in advance for anyone that is willing to shed some light on how these discs are organized.

Generally just one year per disc with some overlap. The 2015 disc issued in August 2014 may have the 2014 models with a few 2015s. A 2015 disc issued January 2015 will have mostly 2015 models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back