Lamborghini Murcielago Oil Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
HTHS was tested in the late 1990s on non-formulated oils. In this isolated case not related to formulated oils a wear scale has been shown. Tests done today with formulated oils show little, if any, relationship between HTHS and wear. This is why some people are swayed by the inability to understand the significance of individual scientific articles. The whole article must be understood in order to make reference to engine wear patterns.

I will review with you some recent related articles that I just do not have the time to go over critically at this time.

aehaas

I'd like to see the articles, or excerpts from them, when you get a chance. Thanks.
P.S. I don't understand why you think HTHS tests have only been done on non-formulated oils.

Dr.Hass IS showing off. He's showing off in as much as he is thumbing his nose at expensive and exotic oils, willing to use the most humble and thinnest oil in his non-humble and non-thin Lambo. I assume everyone else sees the irony in this. Definately we should thank Dr.Haas for his critical thinking and flouting of convention. He's taken the notion of exotic oils and wiped his undercarrige with it.

I see your reasoning Doc.
I will bet that there will be no problem with using the oil you suggest based on the type of driving your wife does with the car.
I would be reluctant to say the same if the car did a few track days with the Jeremy Clarkson behind the wheel.
Good luck and I look forward to seeing the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back