Kobalt 50 Piece Tool Set $19.99 ~ Lowes

Picked up a $29 Pittsburg toolset from Harbour Freight last weekend. 100 plus pieces. Nice variety to travel with in the car. Quality....we will see, but as expected doesn't look great.
I am not comparing but I still have my first toolset

Kobalt 3/8" metric set with short and deep sockets - I have rebuilt 101 engines and countless other repairs and have used the sockets with impact guns (Milwaukee 1/2" and 3/8"), I have used a breaker bar at the end of that 3/8" ratchet countless times, the ratchet and the sockets have held up perfectly, and show no signs of wear n tear except the etched socket sizes are wearing off on the 10,12,14 mm sockets. This set is not impact rated and I paid $15 in 2013, and bought 4 sets, and gave 2 away to family members.

I have seen quite a few broken harbor freight ratchets at the junkyard and a couple of huskies...

Note: I am also not an idiot, who is using the wrong ratchet sizes on very high-torque bolts.

I would use this 1/4" socket set with confidence, the only issue for me is the SAE set, I only need metric

Thanks for this tip. It's still on sale. I picked this set up last weekend. I had to drive to a further Lowes, but it was still worth it. I got another 5% off with Lowes card.

which Lowes did you find the kits at AKhan87???...I'm in Brookfield

Bill
1704941526691.jpg

It's not a bad little set for $20.00.
I like the ratchet, albeit needs opened up and lubed though!

Back