Klotz Techniplate vs Echo Red Armor

So there is no denying Echo Red Armor is my holy grail oil, ive got lots of equipment that I have used it since new, and the proof is in the engine cleanliness. All the nerdy details aside the oil really is excellent.

Now......I used to get Klotz for my vintage snowmobiles and quite frankly remember it having a very pleasant smell, enough so that I would like to try it again. Becuase it contains 20% castor oil will this still be as clean as the echo red armor?

Im not sure if I got the R-50 or the Super Techniplate. Too long ago...

I'm using Klotz Techniplate in my small motors as well as my vintage sled. If it's good enough for an 80+ hp 8000 rpm sled motor its more than adequate for OPE motors. And using it for a long time in the OPE with no issues. Can beat the smell either. Not sure if the synth. has castor oil in it anymore.

So there is no denying Echo Red Armor is my holy grail oil, ive got lots of equipment that I have used it since new, and the proof is in the engine cleanliness. All the nerdy details aside the oil really is excellent.

Now......I used to get Klotz for my vintage snowmobiles and quite frankly remember it having a very pleasant smell, enough so that I would like to try it again. Becuase it contains 20% castor oil will this still be as clean as the echo red armor?

Stick with the Echo Red Armor since your 2 stroke equipment will run cleaner on this oil. If you were constantly running your equipment above 13.000 rpms or so then maybe the Castor stuff would be good. I have read where the Klotz 2 stroke oil with Castor oil in it tends to run a bit dirty.

You want an oil that is going to burn clean and protect your 2 cycle equipment without leaving deposits, Echo Red Armor is your oil, now the Klotz might protect slightly better but the downside is there will probably be deposits which you do not want in a 2 stroke engine.

I use R-50 in my 2 cycle small engine yard equipment and it has that sweet smell that I love.

Back