Klasse AIO and SG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, you can indeed put wax over the polymer coating. I use Klasse products, but never bother with applying wax over it. Good stuff either way.

I also use Klasse All in One. Never need to wax on a silver car, maybe a black or dark color would however benefit by wax over the Klasse.

Yeah, silver is one of the most forgiving colors when it comes to dust and swirl marks, and that's why I went with silver. Black is a nightmare...

quote:

Yeah, silver is one of the most forgiving colors when it comes to dust and swirl marks, and that's why I went with silver. Black is a nightmare...

Definitely. I had black and as much as I love it when clean, it's just too difficult to maintain especially if you get a decent winter. Salt just makes it look white. I now have Silver. When clean though, Black is my favorite.

Did my "Fall" detailing on my STi a few weeks ago:

Day one:
1) Washed car
2) Meguiar's claybar
3) Klasse All-in-One

Day two:
1) Klasse Sealant Glaze (1 coat)
2) One Grand Blitz Wax

Great results! Better than my previous routine of all of the above except I skipped the Blitz wax and applied two coats of sealant glaze. We'll see how it holds up over the winter.

I begin with Klasse AIO, then several coats of Klasse SG and a final coat of either Souveran or Nattys Blue. Nattys Blue is very inexpensive and makes paint look VERY wet!

Don't forget, you must wait AT LEAST 24 hours between coats for the polymer to cure and crosslink.

One other question, If you use Dawn on a car with AIO and SG applied, will it strip the SG off of it? Iwantd to add another coat, but teh wash I use may have a 'wax' in it that I do not want to interfere with the next coat of SG..

thats a tough one... I can't say whether dawn will strip off klasse or not.

Check the wash you use or give them a call and make sure they don't have wax or silicone in it.
If not, then wash, dry, add another layer of SG :}

I wouldn't use Dawn unless you are purposely trying to strip the protection off your finish.

If you're not certain if your car wash soap contains wax or not, I'd purchase a new bottle that you know is wax/sealant-free.

Andy, do you know for a fact that Dawn strips off cured acrylic? He is, after all, trying to take off whatever carnuba might be there and leave the Klassse alone.
I'm not sure that dawn would take off acrylic polymer.
Think acrylic floor wax.
Harsh surfectants are used to clean floors without removing the acrylic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back