Kirkland's Ford Specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for some advice on oil for a 2016 Explorer with the 2.3 Ecoboost. The car has 13,000 miles which we drive about 5,000 miles / year. The warranty is over with so i'm looking for something that i can do a 5,000 miles / 1 year oil change on. I'm leaning towards Kirkland 5w30 since I can get 10 quarts for $25. However, I can't find any info if it meets the "WSS-M2C946-A" Ford's Specs. Or I can just pick up a 6 qt box of Havoline Synthetic for $20 (which meets the specs). Any issue with running Kirkland oil in this car?

Is this a new to you car or did you buy it new? It should still have part of the 5yr/60K power train warranty.

Warranty over at 13,000 miles.

I would go with the Havoline synthetic.

But any oil that meets the specs will go 5K.

An oil should list all the major specs it meets. Do they list some specs but not the one you are looking for? They may not tell you all the info in a VOA,

Kirkland is bottled by Warren distribution and is probably the exact same as SuperTech. It meets Dexos1Gen2 spec, I have never seen a dexos oil that does not meet the ford spec.

at 5k miles/year by the time you find out you are using the wrong oil that wears out the engine early, 20 years will have passed.

Originally Posted by volk06
Is this a new to you car or did you buy it new? It should still have part of the 5yr/60K power train warranty.

We bought it new, but the 3/36K warranty have passed. I don't remember having a longer powertrain warranty, but i'll look into it.

Here is the link to Warren's Mag1 brand (which shares the same dexos license as supertech and Kirkland).

It meets the spec so Kirkland meets the spec.

Mag1

Originally Posted by Silver02ex
Originally Posted by volk06

We bought it new, but the 3/36K warranty have passed. I don't remember having a longer powertrain warranty, but i'll look into it.

The 3yr/36k is the bumper to bumper. The power train should be 5yr/60k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back