keyboard going south

I have a Logitech wired keyboard that is on its way out. Gotten 8 years out of it. The wire going to the USB seems to not always work. It has lighted keyboard, wrist rest. And is full width. It sits in the same place all the time, a few inches from laptop. Cannot see any benefit in wireless. Have a wired trackball I love so that stays. So I was thinking of ordering the same keyboard again. But thought I would ask if someone has found a keyboard that is incredible. (for windows PC).

I preferr corded mechanical switch keyboards that dont have the mushy key feeling. However they can be noisy to others ...clackety clack clack. A wide array of brand name and generic switches can be found on amazon with lots of reviews.

I preferr corded mechanical switch keyboards that dont have the mushy key feeling. However they can be noisy to others ...clackety clack clack. A wide array of brand name and generic switches can be found on amazon with lots of reviews.
Yes, mechanical keyboards are so much better to type on. I like the feel and click of Cherry MX blues, but some people might not. I used to have a lot of finger pain from typing on a membrane keyboard all day, but after switching to mechanical, the pain has gone away.

This is what I use: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0875XN7TG/ref=twister_B08CXBGSYF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my mechanical keyboard :D

If the only problem is at the USB plug you could replace the cord and plug assembly with one from any old keyboard or mouse.

I have a Corsair K70 RGB with cherry mx red mechanical switches, original version not the updated version not that there's anythign wrong with the updated version since i've not tried another keyboard since, I'd say probably the best keyboard and favorite one i've used.

Was going to mention if you're not used to mechanical switch keyboards you may want to look into it before getting one if you decide to get one, there are different kinds of switches that have different tactile and audible feedback, some are more sensitive than others etc. Alot of brands make keyboards using mechanical switches, usually geared towards gamers but alot of others like them, also there are different manufacturers of the switches with cherry mx being the most common and well known. Usually if they only say the color of the switches or don't say the switches are cherry mx then they keys are made by a different manufacturer and are not cherry mx, not that there's anything wrong with other switches I've only had two mechanical keyboards and both had cherry mx switches.

Last edited:
If the only problem is at the USB plug you could replace the cord and plug assembly with one from any old keyboard or mouse.
Keyboards are a dime a dozen, not worth messing with an old, wired keyboard, toss it and get a new one.

I'm still using a 30 year old IBM Model M, which includes some custom printed light blue function keys from my employer at the time..

This thing might outlast me.

Get a Unicomp IBMish made in USA keyboard.
1622029443483.jpeg
I use. Old ibm mechanical keyboard I found new in box for $3 at a VOA years ago.
1622029286892.jpeg

I have a Dell KB216 that I've been using for a few years now. It works fine it seems. The text on the C and V keys is gone, D isn't far behind, so it may not be good for non-touch typists.

I have a Logitech wired keyboard that is on its way out. Gotten 8 years out of it. The wire going to the USB seems to not always work. It has lighted keyboard, wrist rest. And is full width. It sits in the same place all the time, a few inches from laptop. Cannot see any benefit in wireless. Have a wired trackball I love so that stays. So I was thinking of ordering the same keyboard again. But thought I would ask if someone has found a keyboard that is incredible. (for windows PC).
Been wanting this keyboard a long time, but held off, partly because it is wireless but hey, got to give in some time.
Claims up to 2 years on three AA or AAA.

Anyway, wife got it for me a couple weeks ago. I already know I loved it as I have checked it out in Best Buy MANY times in the last 7 pr 8 months. For me, I freaking love this thing. I type on A LOT of keyboards all day, at work and home. Love the comfort and ease of typing with this.
It is rather large but smaller then the giant Microsoft Curved boards for sure. I prefer larger keyboards and this one is just right.
Super quiet too.

I am up in the air about getting a mechanical keyboard or more ergonomic. Although my current Logitech keyboard has a wrist rest and I like the keyboard, but as I said it's going south.

I am up in the air about getting a mechanical keyboard or more ergonomic. Although my current Logitech keyboard has a wrist rest and I like the keyboard, but as I said it's going south.
How much time do you spend typing a day?

The ones us sysadmins gravitate towards are the old HP keyboards that have a silver-colored piece of metal on the top third.
They are older ones; newer ones are all black and always have something broken. The silver-colored ones almost always are in-tact and work. Keys are full-travel and quiet. I see a few for
It's a good keyboard for people who aren't into keyboards. Maybe like a used Toyota Corolla of keyboards.

My favorite are the Lenovo keyboards.

I use an older version of one of these on my MAC. The older Lenovo was excellent and presume the new stuff is decent too.

Be picky on your mouse and keyboard as you work as much as do on one. I spent $140 on my Apple Trackpad and love it and after going through 3 mice after my old Logitech died. All my mice turned into wrist pain while trackpad nothing.

I use one of these Apple keyboards at work because it feels close to what's on my Windows laptop but I wouldn't pay $129 for it.

I spend all day on a Mac at work and I can't imagine having to look at my keyboard when I type, it would drive me nuts.

I only like mechanical key keyboards. I have an Aukey keyboard now. I guess Amazon got rid of them for having too many fake reviews or paying for positive reviews. I still have one of the original IBM keyboards, those were the best, but it's the older style and doesn't really have the right layout anymore.

Back