Kayak trolley hub lube.

The 8" fiberglass infused plastic wheels with 20.21mm ID hubs, reside on 19.98mm stainless steel hubs. Very slightly magnetic stainless, some 400 series i imagine.

No worries if a human is pulling it walking speed
But this particular human is pulling it at 12 to 14mph, on an electric skateboard, for a mile. Laughing whike sheepdog is barking.
good therapy
try it.
barking.

barefoot, scissors in hand, helmet?....., this is floriduh!, when in Rome.......

Sit on top kayak with sheepdog behind fulcrum, is about 110lbs.

8 to 10 mph and stainless hubs very warm but not hot, but @ 14mph, plastic was melting.

I scraped out the melted stiff crusty plastic, and used sylglide, and they then seemed to stay much cooler., with a tailwind and a 14mph tag at a radar speed sign.

Actual ball bearings seem unlikeky to occur, but i have 10" wheels with wider hubs to be employed, sooner than i expected.

But in a ideal.wkrld, hard HDPE plastic, on polished stainless hub, which lube?

Because I can hit 18mph, with a tailwind with a 7s battery, and will be maKing a 10S battery soon.

What in the world are you talking about?
That is one discombobulated rambling there!

Are you asking about a lube to use? (if so, this thread is in the wrong section)
Are you stating something you observed? (if so, then the thread is in the wrong place)
Are you asking for advice for something you want to achieve? (.......)

???????????

Maybe try just describing a core problem, without all the superfluous garbage, and ask a simple question, if that's your quest.

Last edited:
Sorry.
PWD.

Was wondering about ideal lube for plastic wheel hub on stainless steel axle, as I melted my hubs when using no lube.

I was just wondering where in California Floriduh was :ROFLMAO:

I'm not sure you can do much better than a silicone lube for plastic on metal.

Last edited:
I had to depart California and help dad take care of Mom, in Florida.

She's got dementia/alzheimers.

The kayaking is an attempt to help retain an inkling of sanity, while living in this nuthouse.

The Esk8 and disassembked kayak wheel frame fit in the kayak hatch and come with me.
Entry and exit points are not always the same spot.

Antiseize would indeed get everywhere each dis and reassembly.
Guess ill stick with syl-glide, as at least it is a clear mess

Back