Kawasaki Brute Force 750 Oil Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you own a Kawa BF you already know it takes a while to warm up. Once warm though, they get [censored] hot! Those with tem gages are reporting numbers in the 240's operating in 70,80, 90F ambinet temps.

Thinking of an oil cooler. reports are a drop to 190 - 210F operating under the same above conditions that gave 240'sF.

Wondering what you guys think...Is that kinda mod worth it? It's about $275 and 2 hours of your time. I'm not a racer or anythign close, I do like to bang it hard! Ride it like I stole it!

while generally a good idea.. its a major point of failure that can ruin your day if it springs a leak.
also you have to make sure it doesnt bypass too much oil.

I would try a good syn oil first b4 going and putting a oil cooler on. Using syn oils will help keep the temps down as much as 30 degree in some machines. Just my 2 cents

Originally Posted By: amm95
I would try a good syn oil first b4 going and putting a oil cooler on. Using syn oils will help keep the temps down as much as 30 degree in some machines. Just my 2 cents

I's rolling w Rotella T 15-40 for warmer weather. Was going to go Rotella T6 5-40 for winter. But if what you say is tru, and syntheic can get me a 30F reduction in temp then that is clearly the router to go.

Would you mind elaborating a little on where the 30F reduction comes from? I'm no oil genius...and often need to be walked through things. Thank ya!

Originally Posted By: Rand
while generally a good idea.. its a major point of failure that can ruin your day if it springs a leak.
also you have to make sure it doesnt bypass too much oil.

Excellent points. I was engaged to the idea because from what I could see the seller had thought of much of this. Hydraulic lines were used with the correct fititngs. Wasn't your typical reduce cost rubber hose cheap connector layout.

Now bypass 2 much oil...that is a question I bet the seller couldn't give a square answer 2. How would one know? I don't ask flipantly, but respectfully because I have no clue if this is an easy determiniation or if you would need a complicated/expensive device to measure.

Biscuit...
Syn oils are all the exact same molecules (size shape etc). unlike conventional oils.. Have seen a walker mower dealer with 2 of the same mowers run side by side for an hr on a lawn one with reg oil and one with syn oil in the engine and the hydro gears also.. The engine was 25 degrees cooler and the hydro gears were 10 degrees cooler with the syn oil than the conventional oil. Heat comes from friction .. with syn being all the same and being slicker.. conventional have many diff size molecules.. have seen it done with trannys on vehicles also.. They put coolers on still didn't cool enough tried syn oil and seen just as good or better in some cases. Every case is prob different.. but for price its worth the try. hope this helps out..

You got my noodle cranking. Now I wanna throw a temp gage on my Quad and run it a bit with Rotell T 15-40, record data, and then see wha I get with Rotella T6 5-30. Can't be that expensive to throw a temp gage in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back