Just Upgraded to 100Mbps Broadband @ 24.95/mo

Status
Not open for further replies.
At work we pay Cogent $500/month for 100/100 but we've never had any issues. Then Comcast came out with fiber in my neighborhood which was very surprising. AT&T fiber has been dominating in the suburbs closer to the city of Chicago but it was at least a few more years before anybody had any plans for fiber out by me. ~$60 and we get below:

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Ben Boyle
When you consider than I pay about $100 a month for about 15 MBPS with a data cap on satellite it's astounding. Most of the country does not have cable TV or Internet. Yet, I bet most of the population doesn't know that.

I think you mean rural areas by country and agree. They state % of population which is pretty high has access to high speed internet however not sure what the statistic on access to high speed internet by land area in the USA. Its pretty poor in Northern NH and even in Western MA. Even high speed cell data coverage is the pits.

The crippling factor is modern business requires higher speed internet so many businesses and better paid workers/potential residents who could inject money locally bypass rural areas lacking the high speed internet depressing them further.

Last edited:
I think 5G is coming and AT&T Cellular wants to be the next provider to the house.
i.e. no wire.

Originally Posted by madRiver
Originally Posted by Ben Boyle
When you consider than I pay about $100 a month for about 15 MBPS with a data cap on satellite it's astounding. Most of the country does not have cable TV or Internet. Yet, I bet most of the population doesn't know that.

I think you mean rural areas by country and agree. They state % of population which is pretty high has access to high speed internet however not sure what the statistic on access to high speed internet by land area in the USA. Its pretty poor in Northern NH and even in Western MA. Even high speed cell data coverage is the pits.

The crippling factor is modern business requires higher speed internet so many businesses and better paid workers/potential residents who could inject money locally bypass rural areas lacking the high speed internet depressing them further.

Internet and the lack of speed and reliability is depressing here some days dial up is faster and week nights is awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back