Just ordered new TV in 12 yrs, wish me luck (4K HDR model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Originally Posted by marine65
Warstud and Bottom_feeder, please do share your settings. It does appear to need a bit of picture settings calibration. I've already turned contrast down a lot.

Have you turned on the HDR?

Humm... far as I know it's automatic (?...) My Playstation 4 is showing that it detected HDR capability on the tv but I've no idea if it's activated or not. I don't see any option in the settings to turn HDR on and off.

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-enable-hdr-playstation-4-popular-4k-tvs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu1i4cB4vUs

Last edited:
Depending on how much you watch TV, you will see your electric bill go down now that you got rid of your rear projection TV.

When we dumped our 2009 Panisonic Plasma for a new LED we went from using 750 watts for the Plasma every evening to 175 for the LED

Warstud and Bottom_feeder, please do share your settings. It does appear to need a bit of picture settings calibration. I've already turned contrast down a lot.

I just followed some teak guides I found online from a few video nerd sites. The settings they suggested were all pretty similar so I just used one as a baseline and tweaked it from there to my liking.

Yeah, I think I've got it pretty close. My mindset was stuck in CRT mode and I thought i needed to keep contrast down and brightness up which worked great with my 720p crt projection tv and preserved the fidelity of the tubes with the lower contrast setting. But LED backlit LCD's are a new game for me and as it turns out the opposite is true for them, contrast needs to be upped and brightness left at around 50% or slightly more. And then Backlight setting can be used to find comfort for bright room (daytime) or darker ambient lit room (evening and night).

One thing I wish of the TCL is that it would leave the advanced settings page open longer than the five seconds or whatever before it closes it out.

Originally Posted by Oildudeny
You'll love the TCL tv, I hung one a few months ago in my bedroom and it gives my LG tv a run. Beautiful picture and good sound quality for a LED 65 Inch 4K tv.

Been thinking of replacing my Samsung 65" led TV. Could any of your provide some onsite on good deals on Brands Models and curved or not curved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back