Just Found This Youtube Channel - Just Rolled In - OMG

"I Do Cars" is an interesting you tube channel by an auto salvage guy in St. Louis who performs a weekly autopsy on a destroyed engine of some type. He's done tear downs on everything from tiny Honda 1.5 L up to Ford V 10's and even a few diesels..

Fascinating to see the different engine architectures and it's amazing how many fasteners the Germans can cram into one engine. I would guess at least half the engines died from spun bearings due to lubrication failures. Sad how many people just don't put oil in their engines.

My first job...in high school was at a carwash/lube changing joint. I worked at the car wash area.... unfortunately. However, one time a car came in for their first oil change. It had something like 50k on the clock. What was left was literally black, jello, sludge stuff. They flushed it a few times, then filled it and sent them on their way. I was amazed the motor still ran.

"I Do Cars" is an interesting you tube channel by an auto salvage guy in St. Louis who performs a weekly autopsy on a destroyed engine of some type. He's done tear downs on everything from tiny Honda 1.5 L up to Ford V 10's and even a few diesels..

Fascinating to see the different engine architectures and it's amazing how many fasteners the Germans can cram into one engine. I would guess at least half the engines died from spun bearings due to lubrication failures. Sad how many people just don't put oil in their engines.
One of my good friends worked as a manager of a quick lube and he would always tell me how surprising it was the number of cars that came through daily where they opened the drain plug and only a few drops came out.

I do small engine/ATV repair on the side and it's crazy how many customers bring me machines with nothing in them. I just got another one yesterday, guy drove it off the trailer and parked it, machine has 155 hours on it. I go to check the oil before moving it and the stick was dry. I called the guy and he has no idea how long it has been that way.

OK, but all mechanics are still thieves and liars. (sarcasm)

The smashed stuff which can be driven in to the shops in those videos amazes me.
Replacement suspension arms made from wood are my favorite.

everything is nice, dandy and funny in the video

now when you realize, you share the road next to these clowns daily then the whole situation in the video becomes terrifying

We have our mandatory saftey inspection ( TUV ) every two years here. They would seize most cars you see in these videos. The cars must be repaired to be declared roadworthy again. Police officers also would seize cars with these defects. They would be towed away.

While it´s sometimes cumbersome and annoying to deal with these guys, i am glad the we have this system here.

We have our mandatory saftey inspection ( TUV ) every two years here. They would seize most cars you see in these videos. The cars must be repaired to be declared roadworthy again. Police officers also would seize cars with these defects. They would be towed away.

While it´s sometimes cumbersome and annoying to deal with these guys, i am glad the we have this system here.
We had something similar here called the “safety lane”-they would check you brakes, headlight aiming, bulb operation, etc. Unfortunately it went away in the late ‘70s/early ‘80s, and junk car condition has been trending down ever since…

Sometimes I wonder how people are able to get to this point of ruining their vehicles? I worked at a Lexus Dealership and we had a few doozies. We had a customer getting his RX350 serviced. The service manager handed him keys to a brand new RX450h on a Monday which had maybe 300 miles on it. It came back on a Wednesday on a flatbed truck with all the airbags deployed and the front bumper was bent down.

Back