Just for fun / Best sounding car you ever owned

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my 2003 VW w/ 24v VR6 is probably the best sounding car I have owned. What a great motor.

robert

Originally Posted By: JTK
Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: JTK
...transferred too much vibration and harshness into the cabin... I slapped the rear muffler back on.

My issue with mods as well. Just not worth it anymore. Lol... AGE

Closing in on 44, I had no business trying that anyway. LOL.

The crackly burble this little 2.0L 5spd let out was neat though.

LOL...that's exactly my age

Originally Posted By: robertcope
I think my 2003 VW w/ 24v VR6 is probably the best sounding car I have owned. What a great motor.

robert

I always wanted one of those... i settled for the 12 valve.

My 96 mustang GT, flowmasters and off road H pipe, there aren't many cars in my budged that come close to sounding as good as Mustang GT/ Cobra IMO.

I have two favorites. one for the loudness the other for the great tone

01 Trans Am. Futral Motorsport F-13 cam, long tube headers, H-pipe, single chamber Flowmasters dumped before the axle. Screamer. could have been louder

13 Mustang. X-pipe(on road), removed resonators, GT500 mufflers. Best tone although it needs more loud

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
My '87 GT T-Top Mustang.

Really?? Over the M5?

Yup, the M5 sounds more exotic but the Mustang had that cammed burble to it that lit into an absolute roaring symphony when it was opened up (TFS #1 cam, 1.7 rockers, TFS-R intake, 75mm TB, professional ported GT40 heads). It also had equal length headers, no cats and 2.5" front to back through a pair of pretty worn out flowmaster 40's that ended in 3.5" "boom tubes". It was rather loud.

#1 - 1997 Mustang Cobra. That thing rumbled lovely. And when the IMRC "clicked" it was like the second wind of a jet engine!

#2 - 2004 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT. Nice burble to it that sounded very "high end".

My 1.6 zuke motor under load.

Long tube headers to a high flow cat running 2.25 pipe to a finally broken in magnaflow.

Sitting still, it is as quiet as a mouse, barely moving, it sounds nearly identical to a 4.3L running flowmasters.

But under load, when the revs start climbing from 3-7500 rpm...it sounds part sport bike and part cammed 4.3.

Now if only I culd get rid of the highway drone....

And if yoi start taching it up free revving it starts rapping...which I hate.

My '87 GT T-Top Mustang.

Really?? Over the M5?

Yup, the M5 sounds more exotic but the Mustang had that cammed burble to it that lit into an absolute roaring symphony when it was opened up (TFS #1 cam, 1.7 rockers, TFS-R intake, 75mm TB, professional ported GT40 heads). It also had equal length headers, no cats and 2.5" front to back through a pair of pretty worn out flowmaster 40's that ended in 3.5" "boom tubes". It was rather loud.

'nuff said.

No V8's in my stable so far... And no V-TEC either, so probably the Neon with no muffler at all. I used to take it off for some autocross events at our local oval track, and it sounded kind of neat near redline echoing off the concrete walls.
For normal use, probably the Focus has been the best, you can hear the intake nicely with the front windows open which is kind of nice for a factory intake on an economy car.
Best sounding car I've been in or driven was an 01 Viper.

It's a close one between my Paxton Supercharged 87 Mustang GT and my 95 Firebird Formula with the SLP "2OTL" exhaust on it.

I've had a couple of high-performance 4-cylinder cars, but didn't like their sound.

I like my Corvette, which was a kind of ripping-canvas overtone to its V8 rumble.

And my Camaro with the cat-back exhaust and gutted cats has a good basso profundo roar.

In 1986 I had a Lamborghini Urraco P300 for a year and a half.

3.0 Liter V8.

Fantastic sound.

My 97 Z28 Camaro with the LT1 engine. Sounded good for a stock exhaust. The MAC cat back system made it sound better, including the crackle on deceleration. Twas a 6 speed manual transmission.
Dave

Either intake or exhaust note...OR together, what is the best sounding car you ever owned (completely stock)?

1997 VW GTi VR6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back