Just chilling watching my birds....

^ Amazing birds , that's a large crown on that Jay ^ . Found this male laying on the ground in back of our home . Never seen a hummingbird do this . We thought it was sick or injured , it did fly off .

DSCF3221.JPG

DSCF3223.JPG

Last edited:
Originally Posted by odie
Our indoor cat enjoys watching a flycatcher that flies back and forth from the deck railing to nearby trees .

One mighty good looking cat. Aren't you the lucky one for having such a gorgeous creature around.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by dlundblad
Originally Posted by Ws6
I have a river in my back yard and bald eagles fly above it. I enjoy them!
[Linked Image]

Nice! Never used to see them around here, but they're slowly becoming more popular.

Just saw one last Friday actually. I took a photo, but the quality is terrible.

Same. They look like smudgy black and white blobs on my potato.

Potato. I like it. Lol.

F233AAB6-5DED-40CF-AD2D-9F2A059CB819.jpeg

CA79622B-3E6A-4A32-94A5-42BA9668FD84.jpeg

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Shannow - lots of cool birds in Australia. You have any Budgies where you're at, or they mainly in the North end of Oz? I've had a few male Budgies that talked quite well.

Budgies are escapees around here and rare...Actually, the centre of budgies is Booroowa, about 180 mils from here in the centre of my state (NSW).

One of my son's favourite docos...after last year's fires, I had swarms of yellow tailed black cockatoos out there...was amazing...

Not much of a bird watcher but I like having them around. My father goes through his bird house phase every few years. He has made hundreds over the years and has them all over the Province. There are quite a few on and around my acreage. They have attracted quite a few tree swallows. We do have some barn swallows, the occasional blue bird, the odd bald eagle and even some turkey vultures. They sure are nice to listen to and they make a difference in the amount of mosquitos.

Yeah … have Purple Martin houses … looks like over a dozen of them. Hummingbirds are here. Seems like more Blue Jays than ever … Couple different doves … Cardinals less often … Mockingbird has made a nest in my Canary Island date palms only six feet up … see small hawks fly over the pasture behind me.

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
Originally Posted by odie
Our indoor cat enjoys watching a flycatcher that flies back and forth from the deck railing to nearby trees .

One mighty good looking cat. Aren't you the lucky one for having such a gorgeous creature around.

Thanks , he found us at a shelter
grin.gif
. Telling us it's time to eat , food is in cabinet .

IMG_1591.JPG

Back