Just bought my 3rd DD in the last 29 years

A follow up to my GM AFM question a couple days ago. My last new vehicle was my 1995 Nissan pickup and I drove it for 19 years then my ‘infamous’ 2005 Avalanche and drove it for 101/2 years with 248,000 miles showing. I bought this 2019 Chevy Silverado Custom yesterday with 69,000 miles. V6 4.3 Ecotec 2 wheel drive that has everything I need. I did order the Range AFM Disabler so we’ll see how that works out… 🤞! Planning on using Mobil1 5w30 EP and plan on changing the oil every 5,000 miles on the DI engine. Lots of Questions to follow.

IMG_2572.jpeg

Curious how the fuel economy is after the break-in period. Nice truck, enjoy! Am I allowed to ask how much you paid? If not I understand completely.

That newer 4.3 is a peppy motor. Dad used to regularly get 20-22 MPG driving his easy. He even got in the upper 24s on some long highway trips.

Curious how the fuel economy is after the break-in period. Nice truck, enjoy! Am I allowed to ask how much you paid? If not I understand completely.
He said it has 69,000 miles. This 4.3 is LS based so it's different than the prior gen-I 350 based with 2 cylinders cut out. I have heard good things about these LS based 4.3s. It makes about the same power than the 4.8 LS V8 did but probably gets a little better mileage around town.

He said it has 69,000 miles. This 4.3 is LS based so it's different than the prior gen-I 350 based with 2 cylinders cut out. I have heard good things about these LS based 4.3s. It makes about the same power than the 4.8 LS V8 did but probably gets a little better mileage around town.

My bad, I didn't process this and didn't realize it wasn't a new truck.

A follow up to my GM AFM question a couple days ago. My last new vehicle was my 1995 Nissan pickup and I drove it for 19 years then my ‘infamous’ 2005 Avalanche and drove it for 101/2 years with 248,000 miles showing. I bought this 2019 Chevy Silverado Custom yesterday with 69,000 miles. V6 4.3 Ecotec 2 wheel drive that has everything I need. I did order the Range AFM Disabler so we’ll see how that works out… 🤞! Planning on using Mobil1 5w30 EP and plan on changing the oil every 5,000 miles on the DI engine. Lots of Questions to follow.

View attachment 220891
Gonna be a highway cruiser - had a 2018 …

Nice ride! I love my Sierra with that motor. I've been getting the same mileage numbers as redhat's father. The biggest thing I tow is my 4,000 lb boat, I've never felt I needed more power than it has.

Enjoy the new ride!

Had the same truck in a 2016 and really liked the Ecotec 4.3 V6. It did everything I needed until we got a bigger travel trailer. Interestingly when it drops into 4 cyl mode it has more displacement than the 5.3 in 4 cyl. Nice truck.

Nice looking truck! (y)

We've got a 2021-22 with that exact body style at work, except it's the 2.7T w/ 4x4. It's got a whopping 2K hard miles on it being used almost entirely around the plant.

Back