Jr. Dragster Carrying Front Wheels

If you don't know anything about this racing class, these are little 1/4-1/2 scale dragsters built for kids aged 5-17 with different age brackets allowing different speeds and MPH. They use little hopped up 1 cylinder 4-stroke flathead engines and run on methanol. This is from an older kids class. Credit to Blayne Stark driving the dragster. Several of the greats of NHRA Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock, and Pro Stock Motorcycle made their way there through these classes growing up, including Erica Enders, J.R. Todd, Leah Pruett, and the McGahas.

These juniors, and dragsters in general, aren't ones to lift the front wheels much just due to their long wheelbase. Yet, this little 1 cylinder engine is putting in some work. Hopefully the video loads.

Super cool! I would have loved to do that as a kid!
I remember going to the mid-south nationals as a kid in about 5th grade. The smell of the nitro, and shear power of the top fuel cars were something I will never forget. Just amazing!

Looks like a pretty trick car. Not the "normal" jr dragster.

Found this picture of it. Probably a 330' outlaw car, those tend to run a little on the "hot" side, but the NHRA has reigned them in a little as I think they were getting out of hand. Those that know what they're doing make a bunch of power with a pretty limited platform.

191731357_4142006625822514_1340694994726104921_n.jpg

Back