John Deere SCUT oil filter micron rating

I have 1984 John Deere 650 w/ yanmar 2t80 engine. I’d like to insure adequate oil supply so need filter 35-40 microns. Can anyone suggest this oil filter? Thanks so much

Everyone, including me, is going to ask why you are specifying a 35 - 40 micron oil filter?

Having said that, if mine, I would simply look up the OEM JD filter and work with that number to cross reference to an aftermarket filter (WIx/NAPA Gold would be my personal preference).

This is the result of a super fast search. I would spend more time and confirm by serial number, etc..
.........Search under documents, filters.

This STENS U.S.-Made aftermarket lists 27 microns: https://www.stens.com/120-360-oil-filter

Last edited:
Thank you so much for reply. I read a comment on Green tractor talks that said the Japan made small engines were made to different specs and required more oil pressure, actually,more flow, to be on safe side. Just figured it was true. Mobil 1 has 30 micron so maybe I’ll go with it. Again, I thank you for your very informative reply

Micron rating doesn't determine flow. Media capability does.

Looks like a typical 20mm threaded, with bypass, oil filter. Wix 51334xp or Purolator PBL14461 or Fram FE9688.... used by numerous 3-6 cylinder engines from 1.4-3.6 liters. I doubt that your Yanmar would even stress the filter much.

Adequate oil supply comes from your oil pump. Your filter choice shouldn't make a difference.

What you read on Green tractor is not much different than worrying about the monsters in the closet and boogeyman under the bed. There is way too much misinformation and ol' wives tales on the internet.

Micron rating doesn't determine flow. Media capability does.

Looks like a typical 20mm threaded, with bypass, oil filter. Wix 51334xp or Purolator PBL14461 or Fram FE9688.... used by numerous 3-6 cylinder engines from 1.4-3.6 liters. I doubt that your Yanmar would even stress the filter much.

Adequate oil supply comes from your oil pump. Your filter choice shouldn't make a difference.

What you read on Green tractor is not much different than worrying about the monsters in the closet and boogeyman under the bed. There is way too much misinformation and ol' wives tales on the internet.
Thanks for reply.I enjoyed reading it and will keep doing what I have been doing. (Using purolator L14459) tractor seems to be doing fine! Have a happy Easter!!

Back