Job sucks the life out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try working for the Gov't. and you will really know that you are not appreciated or that they don't give a [censored] about you. I recently retired after almost 26 years of Gov't service and learned early on the way things were.

The way I learned to deal with things at work was take it a day at a time and like others have said, don't live for the job. I had things that I liked to do outside of work that kept me occupied.

I liked my job for the most part so I wasn't miserable but there were a lot of politics involved. As long as there are more positive things about the job than negative ones, I would stay where you are at unless a great opportunity comes your way.

Here is an update. Shortly after this post my father started having issues with back and leg pain. He had always had back issues but this time was worse. I didn't think anything of it at first but by the beginning of January I was getting concerned.

Long story short he was diagnosed with cancer in late February. It started as a small spot on one lung and spread to his bones and a kidney. The pain in his bones was the only symptom. He underwent radiation for 2 weeks and took a turn for the worse 3 days after his last radiation treatment. We then found out he had a stroke, he continued to get worse quickly. He was admitted to the hospital on that Monday night, got sent home with hospice called that Friday and passed that Sunday. So not even a week.

I was his primary care taker and it really was hard to see, but I am glad I could be there for him.

My 2018 has been crazy so far. I certainly didn't expect this. I was close with my dad and this has been tough on me.

I am just trying to figure out what the next step is with my mom, job, life, ect.

My wife and I are also trying for another child.

At this point I am in a holding pattern and will likely stay where I am at for a while. Time will tell.

Thankyou to all who replied and the great advice.

I really miss my father.

Last edited:
You said that you were in the middle of a home renovation. I worked 2nd shift for 8 yrs so I could be with my kids and work on the house. Use the job to rest up. Sorrrry, but the employer/employee relationship has devolved to this sad state.. Business is business. The blue collar worker of a generation or 2 ago, is how I came up. I built stuff and had pride in my work. Those days are gone. Long gone.

My condolences on the loss of your beloved Father. You have many plates spinning on sticks. This year has been tough on your family. You'll need awhile to get over the shock of losing him.

My sincere condolences!
Don't push yourself too hard this year.
One day at the time, get to your loved one in one piece each and every day.
When the things and your mind settle down, take some time for yourself pursuing your passion/hobby in your freetime. And make sure you allocate some freetime just for that.
Or learn something new that could help you clear your mind.

All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back