jeep needs a fuel pressure regulator

I am shopping for one, how can there be such a price difference? Under $20 on ebay and $150+ at the parts stores. I dont want to buy junk but how many manufacturrers of this part can there be?

The parts stores just mark up the same stuff you can get online. Is your Jeep having the long crank times and losing fuel pressure when sitting? Mine had this issue last year, I replaced the regulator but let me look up and see which brand I bought, it's been working fine since.

Edit: I got a Crown Automotive one from Quadratec. I tried finding a Mopar one, but couldn't find one that would fit mine since all the ones for the larger 19 gal tank my Sahara has were not available. The consensus on the forums seemed to be that the cheap parts store ones would fail again in a year.

Last edited:
The parts stores just mark up the same stuff you can get online. Is your Jeep having the long crank times and losing fuel pressure when sitting? Mine had this issue last year, I replaced the regulator but let me look up and see which brand I bought, it's been working fine since.

Edit: I got a Crown Automotive one from Quadratec. I tried finding a Mopar one, but couldn't find one that would fit mine since all the ones for the larger 19 gal tank my Sahara has were not available. The consensus on the forums seemed to be that the cheap parts store ones would fail again in a year.
ya fuel drains immediatly after shut off. the tanks are the same, the amount the filler tube sticks into the tank determins the amount of fuel it can take

ya fuel drains immediatly after shut off. the tanks are the same, the amount the filler tube sticks into the tank determins the amount of fuel it can take
Gotcha. Yeah so far the one I replaced it with has been working. It is a common problem on both XJs and TJs. I solved it in 2 XJs by dumping a bottle of Marvel Mystery in the tank, but it didn't work on my TJ. Worth a shot before dropping the tank.

I remember paying $75 for these at AZ years ago for whatever brand a perceived as serviceable quality. $100 may be where it’s at today.

found one on ebay. seller claims that its a factory jeep part and not a knockoff. $40+tax

Jeeps fixed. I found what is advertised as a NOS part online for a reasonable price . took longer to post about it that it took to do the job. took about 15 minutes to drop the gas tank out. 1 minute to replace the part and another 15 to put the tank back in. Jeep runs much better now too. fuel pressure must have been affected by the defective part and not just the draining fuel problem.

Jeeps fixed. I found what is advertised as a NOS part online for a reasonable price . took longer to post about it that it took to do the job. took about 15 minutes to drop the gas tank out. 1 minute to replace the part and another 15 to put the tank back in. Jeep runs much better now too. fuel pressure must have been affected by the defective part and not just the draining fuel problem.
It's crazy the difference working on a clean Jeep vs. a rusty New England one. My '98 TJ I bought from southern California, and it never sees salty roads. Dropping the tank and replacing the part like you said took maybe 30 min. On a friend's rusty Jeep it took me probably 3-4 times a long fighting with the rusty tank skid bolts.

Back