It's magnetic.

I superglued a magnet on the back of my digital tire pressure gauge. Now I can just stick it to the fender while I pump up the tire, or stick it to the inside of the trunk lid when I travel. Surprisingly simple. I put some tape on the magnet to keep from scratching the paint.
DCP01298.JPG
DCP01298.JPG

I would NEVER stick anything to my car...I won't even touch it, as no matter what you will scratch it. Put it in your pocket or carry a rag and lay it on the ground.

Kinda like nails on a chalkboard thinking about that bare magnet dragging across your paint. Glue a thin piece of rubber to that magnet, and your invention will be perfect.

Kinda like nails on a chalkboard thinking about that bare magnet dragging across your paint. Glue a thin piece of rubber to that magnet, and your invention will be perfect.
" Surprisingly simple. I put some tape on the magnet to keep from scratching the paint. "
He put tape, not rubber but still something.

Actually, I used a nylon cloth based tape. Super durable. You could use felt or rubber or any other material you like.

I usually stick the gauge in my pocket.

Approximately one time in five, this results in me emptying pockets to put my pants in the laundry and finding a tire gauge.

I would NEVER stick anything to my car...I won't even touch it, as no matter what you will scratch it. Put it in your pocket or carry a rag and lay it on the ground.
If you ever park in a lot, you can bet that other people touch your car every now and then - carrying groceries, swinging doors open, or kids seeing the shiny paint and wanting to touch it! Kinda sucks but I gave up trying to keep my paint in perfect condition on my daily driver. I just wash and spray wax often, and apply sealer at least once each year and hope for the best. But soner or later it will get scratched or catch a flying stone. This is not to say that sticking magnets to the paint is a good idea, but just a reminder that the effort to preserve a perfect finish on a driven car is usually futile.

If you ever park in a lot, you can bet that other people touch your car every now and then - carrying groceries, swinging doors open, or kids seeing the shiny paint and wanting to touch it! Kinda sucks but I gave up trying to keep my paint in perfect condition on my daily driver. I just wash and spray wax often, and apply sealer at least once each year and hope for the best. But soner or later it will get scratched or catch a flying stone. This is not to say that sticking magnets to the paint is a good idea, but just a reminder that the effort to preserve a perfect finish on a driven car is usually futile.

I park in the furthest spot faaaar away from everybody. My wife always gives me grief because I find that spot where nobody should walk by and nobody should have reason to park close.

Back