Issue accessing network for media playback

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
For the last few days, I've been getting the following message when trying to watch CNN. The message comes up and I lose all the feed and just see the message on a black screen. The situation occurs after watching for a while, and it does not happen on any other site I visit. Any ideas about what's going on? Is the problem at my end or from elsewhere?

There was an issue with accessing the network for media playback. The sub-error code will contain what specific resource was unable to be accessed over the network. | NETWORK_ERROR encountered, code: 1400

Are you using an ad blocker in your web browser? If so, does the problem still happen if you disable your ad blocker?

I believe you are on W10 or W11. Launch Chrome in Safe Mode. If the problem goes away one of the Chrome extensions is causing it. Turn them back on one by one to find out which extension is the culprit.

Launching Chrome in Incognito Mode will disable all extensions: Ctrl + Shift + N.

I believe you are on W10 or W11. Launch Chrome in Safe Mode. If the problem goes away one of the Chrome extensions is causing it. Turn them back on one by one to find out which extension is the culprit.

Launching Chrome in Incognito Mode will disable all extensions: Ctrl + Shift + N.
Thanks for jumping in. I'm not using Chrome but it looks as though I can do something similar with Edge, which is what I've been using for a while. I'll play around some more later on today.

Are you using an ad blocker in your web browser? If so, does the problem still happen if you disable your ad blocker?

I turned off my ad blocker and it seems to have helped. I need to run the site for a longer amount of time to be sure, but so mar so good. Thanks!

Back