ISO 4 AWG Flag Terminal

I'm looking for a source for a 4 AWG flag terminal. I can find them for cable termination, but I'm really looking for is this:

20230905_123153_resized.jpg

I'll probably end up with stacking two ring terminal lugs on top of each other but if a flag terminal is available I'd like to go that route. The thought of making a flag terminal using a butt splice and soldering on a flag terminal crossed my mind but I haven't come across a longer than normal butt splice.

This will be used as negative battery cable that will run from the battery --> frame --> engine; OEM routing (OEM cable is NLA).

So you are looking to put on a flag terminals WITHOUT cutting the wire. If you cut the wire you are creating a fail point. All the post so far have complete loops, you cannot get it to slip on the wire.

Thanks for the feedback.

I found what I'm looking for (P/N and manufacturer) but it's on an unreleased drawing BOM. I've contacted the manufacturer; I report back. It's not in their catalog so I'm not very confident it's a stocked item.

To not cut the wire, a special crimp tooling would be required. This is something that only OEMs would be doing. You can probably find an OEM cable that is not for your car but has dimensions that will fit.

I would cut the cable then put both ends into a larger ring terminal and crimp as one piece. Two wires in parallel are equivalent cross section as one that is three AWG numbers larger.

Thanks for the feedback.

I found what I'm looking for (P/N and manufacturer) but it's on an unreleased drawing BOM. I've contacted the manufacturer; I report back. It's not in their catalog so I'm not very confident it's a stocked item.
I haven't heard back from the manufacturer (Quick Cable). I'm going to just terminate the ends of both cables with ring lugs, cover the crimped end with adhesive lined shrink tube and call it a day.

I typically follow marine standard practices for battery cables; stacking two ring lugs on a single stud is accepted practice.

Thanks for the tips, all.

I’d probably stack a second cable at one or more of the points, rather than do a flag. I think routing and redundancy would be better.

Back