ISIS appears 5 miles from Baghdad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy was honest.

This isn't surprising. Dropping a few bombs here and there isn't going to stop ISIS.

If your post was not true I would laugh. Because the Vicar of Baghdad stated the same thing.

For our members following whom are not aware of what a Vicar is.

"In Anglican churches, a vicar is one type of parish priest. Historically, parish priests in the Church of England were divided into vicars, rectors, and perpetual curates. The parish clergy and church were supported by tithes—like a local tax (traditionally, as the etymology of tithe suggests, of ten percent) levied on the personal as well as agricultural output of the parish."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicar

After my family dies from ebola, you're welcome to hand me a rifle and send me over to fight ISIS. I'll have a death wish by then and won't care. The sooner I die the better.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
After my family dies from ebola, you're welcome to hand me a rifle and send me over to fight ISIS. I'll have a death wish by then and won't care. The sooner I die the better.

Merkava...don't be too sure about this ebola story in Dallas it could be a psy op to create mass hysteria and allow the authorities to impose martial law.

It wouldn't be the first time these cretins have lied to us, heck that is just about all they do....remember the
Colin Powell and his LIES about the yellow cake that Saddam supposedly had....LIES...or the little babies being thrown out of the incubators in Kuwait...LIES....and endless more of the same.

I saw a video today of some villagers in Syria sitting up on the hill waiting as ISIS prepared to overrun the village. The ISIS soldiers were just milling about, waiting. The Syrian man said 'where is the US?!' To sum up his interview his point was you (America) said you would help us. They're just sitting there while we watch them overrun our village, so where are you? I know we can't save every little village, but hearing his desperation, and as an American watching on TV, I felt terrible for them. Just watching as the meager subsistence way of life they have cobbled together is taken away and now they have no home.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
I saw a video today of some villagers in Syria sitting up on the hill waiting as ISIS prepared to overrun the village. The ISIS soldiers were just milling about, waiting. The Syrian man said 'where is the US?!' To sum up his interview his point was you (America) said you would help us. They're just sitting there while we watch them overrun our village, so where are you? I know we can't save every little village, but hearing his desperation, and as an American watching on TV, I felt terrible for them. Just watching as the meager subsistence way of life they have cobbled together is taken away and now they have no home.
Where is the US, he asks? Simple. Right there, waving those black flags. About to take over his village.

Originally Posted By: hatt
The guy was honest.

This isn't surprising. Dropping a few bombs here and there isn't going to stop ISIS.

they're already adapting to the situation. why are we wasting time and money??

I wonder if you are just as concerned about the palestinians and what's happening to them.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

Merkava...don't be too sure about this ebola story in Dallas it could be a psy op to create mass hysteria and allow the authorities to impose martial law.

I

Oh, for god's sake. LOL

Originally Posted By: FXjohn

I wonder if you are just as concerned about the palestinians and what's happening to them.

No John, I'm not at all. I don't like the Palestinians, but I'm behind the Syrians all the way. Did you have some political point to make here?

No John, I'm not at all. I don't like the Palestinians, but I'm behind the Syrians all the way. Did you have some political point to make here?

Political point to make? So you're worried about people's conditions based on your political slant? we should worry about innocent syrians barely getting by and not palestinians? it's almost as if you're being political yourself. gee whiz.

Originally Posted By: FXjohn

Political point to make? So you're worried about people's conditions based on your political slant? we should worry about innocent syrians barely getting by and not palestinians? it's almost as if you're being political yourself. gee whiz.

No John, I was simply commenting on a video that I saw today. If the guy happened to be in a Palestinian village I would have felt the same way. There just didn't seem to be ANY point to the comment that you made.

The Iraqi army did about as expected. At the first sign of trouble they threw down their weapons and ran. ISIS would do the same if they faced a real enemy like maybe the US Marines or the US Army without the crippling rules of engagement. ISIS so far has shown they are good at murdering innocent unarmed civilians, especially women and children in the most brutal unthinkable ways. The US just has to decide what to do and with the current political leadership it's going to be another mess.

In war one should either be "all-in" or "not-in". You can't be a little bit at war no matter what the politicians tell us. War means, bring everything, every day and never, never stop advancing. Accept only complete and unconditional surrender. If you don't have the will and the stomach for that then don't start. Peace can only exist with strength and determination. A gentleman's agreement has never worked in the past and will not work today. There's no such thing. Peace in our time as we found out does not come with a signature on a piece of paper. I comes when your enemy can no longer shoot back.

remember the
Colin Powell and his LIES about the yellow cake that Saddam supposedly had....LIES

Yeah, when I think about boneheaded Iraq war sequels, Powell is the first person to come to mind...
27.gif

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
The Iraqi army did about as expected. At the first sign of trouble they threw down their weapons and ran. ISIS would do the same if they faced a real enemy like maybe the US Marines or the US Army without the crippling rules of engagement. ISIS so far has shown they are good at murdering innocent unarmed civilians, especially women and children in the most brutal unthinkable ways. The US just has to decide what to do and with the current political leadership it's going to be another mess.

In war one should either be "all-in" or "not-in". You can't be a little bit at war no matter what the politicians tell us. War means, bring everything, every day and never, never stop advancing. Accept only complete and unconditional surrender. If you don't have the will and the stomach for that then don't start. Peace can only exist with strength and determination. A gentleman's agreement has never worked in the past and will not work today. There's no such thing. Peace in our time as we found out does not come with a signature on a piece of paper. I comes when your enemy can no longer shoot back.

So true. Only by having the will to confront evil can you keep our country alive and well in the face of brutality. A "not war" will likely do little or even strengthen your enemies resolve.

But it makes great headlines and whips the population into a frenzy of polarization. The goal here is peace, and the best peace in our nation's brief history has been when we maintain a robust military with the flexibility to kick any arses anywhere when we feel the need to...

Originally Posted By: eljefino
remember the
Colin Powell and his LIES about the yellow cake that Saddam supposedly had....LIES

Yeah, when I think about boneheaded Iraq war sequels, Powell is the first person to come to mind...
27.gif

Kinda missin' old Saddam right now. At least that SOB kept a lid on the place, and stood up to Iran.

Originally Posted By: JerryBob

Kinda missin' old Saddam right now. At least that SOB kept a lid on the place, and stood up to Iran.

The SOB did keep a lid on the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back