Is TURBO POWER All Season Anti-Freeze any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2004 Grand Prix
This spring I flushed all the Dexcool coolant, changed the water pump, installed a 180 degree thermostat and ran just distilled water, Redline water wetter, & Peak 14.5oz Anti Rust, Sealer And Protector for the summer and fall.

Just before the freezing temps set in I installed a 195 degree thermostat & added 2 gallons of TURBO POWER All Season Anti-Freeze & Coolant Concentrate (green in color ) to my cooling system. $7 gallon after rebate;

TURBO POWER All Season Anti-Freeze & Coolant Concentrate
Part #: 86-244PRO|
SKU: 457523
TURBO POWER All Season Anti-Freeze & Coolant Concentrate
All Season Antifreeze/Coolant is a superior quality ethylene glycol based engine coolant with a low silicate corrosion inhibitor package. This product protects coolant system metals, including heat-rejecting aluminum, against pitting caused by cavitation and corrosion. It provides exceptional cooling in summer and excellent protection against freezing in the winter. It is recommended for use in older model domestic and foreign cars and light duty trucks and will provide up to 50,000 miles or 2 years service life when installed as initial fill, or after a complete flush and cleaning of a cooling system in reasonable condition. It is compatible with supplemental coolant additives (SCA) and coolant filters and thus can be used in heavy duty diesel coolant systems when pre-charged with SCA.◦Protects against winter freezing and summer boil over
◦Prevents pitting caused by cavitation and corrosion of brass, copper, solder, steel, cast iron and aluminum
◦Low silicate
◦Aluminum compatible

Last edited:
probably fine. Wouldn't sweat it on an older vehicle as long as the dex was very well flushed out. Why run the water wetter and other junk? Besides MAYBE the bars leaks crushed walnut tabs I would stick with what it is supposed to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back