Is this what Amsoil is all about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo

When I heard Amsoil released their new Ea air/oil filter range 4 months ago I jumped right on the opportunity. Being Down Under, there aren't a lot of dealers here but managed to track one down in Adelaide (300 miles away), a city which I visit once every 3-4 weeks. When I spoke to the dealer over the phone he was a bit of a pushy salesman trying to sell me other Amsoil products besides what I wanted (typical). I placed the order for an EAO 13 & Ea 3" pod filter in June and the goods finally arrived last month in his shipment.

Anyway I'm not able to pick them up for a couple of months but I need them now. I sent him an email requesting the total amount payable and I'll send him a Money Order and he can post the stuff to me.

Now I have a reply stating he does not want to post it to me and I can only pick them up in person!! I know if I see him he'll never let me leave unless I buy jugs of his oil and who knows what else. I know Amsoil make some good lubricants but I simply do not want or need them.

What do I do? Just tell him hes lost a sale then? Or go see him in person? Im thinking of just buying a PureOne oil filter and AEM Dryflow pod and be done with it. Or reorder the stuff from the States. This whole salesmanship drives me up the wall sometimes.
dunno.gif

Leo, one of the problems with Amsoil's marketing is the lack of checks and balances in their front line network. Amsoil seems to produce a high quality product. Unfortunately you have to deal with a rather unprofessional network of dealers to obtain the product.

In the USA, Amsoil has made it very easy to purchase their product and still compensate the dealer by using the internet. You simply buy the products you want from the dealers web page and he gets the credits for the sale, the small sales commission and mark-up profits and you never even see the person if you don't want to. I am guessing that it is different in Australia.

I don't know what prices you're paying but I routinely ship products(not Amsoil) to Europe for my friends and it costs about USD$30 for a nice sized box and arrives within 10 days. Since you're only needing a oil and air filter then you could likely buy it from someone here in the USA and it might cost close to the same as you're paying there. Maybe you can contact a few of the Amsoil reps on the site and ask them if they'll take the time to box up a few pieces and ship them to you. Customs usually isn't a issue for personal items from non-corporate entities so it might be worth a try.

As for the guy in Adelaide, I'd tell him to take a hike. Nothing Amsoil sells is worth tolerating a unpleasant purchasing experience. This is exactly the worst attribute of this company.

I've shipped oil analysis kits to Germany in bulk and had "Klaus" send the used oil samples directly to Oil Analyzers. The analysis results were mailed to me...I then interpreted the results (my fee? - European dark chocolate for my wife
smile.gif
) and emailed the customer (small Audi diesel), with the data and my comments.

Not bad for some unprofessional dolt...;)

TS

Well, expecting someone to drive 300 miles to pick up filters is pretty unreasonable.

I would feign "busyness"; call him back, order a few more filters and then say you'd love to pick them up, but other things have come up and you'll need them shipped (like fast) and if he can't get them to you, you'll need to get something locally.

If he rises to the challenge, you'll get filters, more filters (so you don't have to call him back soon); he will have thinked he really helped. and in the meantime you can form an alternate plan.

Sorry about the bad experience.

I don't believe the MLM is whats in Australia. These guys buy AMSOIL products in a different manner than we do here. We are Independant Distributers here in Canada and the U.S.
Over there thay are not.
Sorry you are having a bad experience. This of course does not happen with just dealing with AMSOIL.
There are probelms galor with any other business/product's. etc.

Since you ordered the filters from him, Go pick them up as promised. If he gives you a pitch on selling you a bunch of stuff you don't want, tell him you are not interested. If he says anything after that he'll be talking to himself as you walk away. Never to return again. MHO
cheers.gif

But Ted, you're not certified, qualified, additized nor are you a card carrying member of the STLE (maybe you are.. it only costs a hundred bucks so you might be). Therefore, you can't really expect to be compensated for interpreting a oil analysis can you?
grin.gif

Unprofessional,,, indeed!
wink.gif

This is NOT what Amsoil is all about.

First of all, there are no "Amsoil dealers" in Australia. There are however people who sell Amsoil products, just as there are people who sell Redline products, Royal Purple products, etc. This guy is obviously a loser.

Is the problem the cost of shipping or the fact that he's a lazy jaskarshe?

Indeed - you have a right to be pickled off.
I can't understand pushy salespeople in any product or service. This is not an Amsoil only thing. Just tell him firmly "No thanks". I guess if you go there you could pick it up and flip him the bird.

Hi guys. Thanks for the input.

What I mean by being 'pushy' was when I was on the phone to him he was asking me what I was using in my diff/gearbox/engine/coolant etc and I said what I had. Then he'd keep on rambling on about how I should change over all my fluids to Amsoil and that the Redline/Motul stuff I have is ________ etc. A 2 minute phone call turned into a 20 minute, one sided conversation.

The issue is that he expects me to buy more than just what I ordered. I'll cut and paste his email;

"We have given your request [to post the items] some thought and have decided that we will wait for your return to Adelaide to purchase the items you have ordered. We do not, in principle, encourage the use of Amsoil ancillary items without the installation of Amsoil lubricants which go hand in hand with each other. Please do not be affended by our reply as we have gone to considerable lengths to obtain the air filter (emails and phone calls etc to USA)."

Well I am offended. Reading between the lines its pretty obvious what his motive is - to make me buy more than just what I ordered. I also disagree with the 'considerable lengths' hes gone to, when I had to wait now 5 months to get the product because he only does orders from the USA once every 3 months? How hard would it have been to throw 2 items on an existing order list?

Anyways sorry I didnt realise down here they aren't official Amsoil dealers. Just didn't realise it'd be this annoying. I'm pretty soft at telling people no, so I know if I go to his house (not a shop front!), I'd better have just the correct money on me.

Sounds like he is just trying to make money off you. That irks me. How often have the Amsoil guys here said stuff like that? He is full of khrap. You can use the oil and air filters with whatever oil you want - I mean it makes some sense to use the EaO with a long drain oil, but it's not discouraged. Then he makes it seem like it's your problem that he had to do some work. Frankly I don't see how he could be making any money on the deal, so no wonder he's being a buttboy.

Tell me, what exactly did you "buy" and how much is he charging you?

EaO13 is $16.45 US$
The 3" pod is in the $50 range, depending on model.

Amsoil makes a very good oil. I hate dealing with their MLM. Too many lies involved with MLM.
mad.gif
Amsoil dealers ALWAYS have a hidden agenda. You do not need synthetic filters. Use YOUR favorite filter.
smile.gif
I recommend a UOA at some point and time.

Quote:

Too many lies involved with MLM. Amsoil dealers ALWAYS have a hidden agenda.

Too funny. Always is a strong word. A couple things.

This guy in Australia is NOT MLM.

And my agenda is what exactly? I have NO secrets (Ok I won't give you my vitals, like SSN). What is that supposed to imply, anyway?

Pablo,
I have been reading BITOG for the last few years. You know your stuff.
wink.gif
You must understand how many idiot
mad.gif
Amsoil, Amway, Sunrider ect...I have seen.

Quote:

When I heard Amsoil released their new Ea air/oil filter range 4 months ago I jumped right on the opportunity. Being Down Under, there aren't a lot of dealers here but managed to track one down in Adelaide (300 miles away), a city which I visit once every 3-4 weeks. When I spoke to the dealer over the phone he was a bit of a pushy salesman trying to sell me other Amsoil products besides what I wanted (typical). I placed the order for an EAO 13 & Ea 3" pod filter in June and the goods finally arrived last month in his shipment.

Anyway I'm not able to pick them up for a couple of months but I need them now. I sent him an email requesting the total amount payable and I'll send him a Money Order and he can post the stuff to me.

Now I have a reply stating he does not want to post it to me and I can only pick them up in person!! I know if I see him he'll never let me leave unless I buy jugs of his oil and who knows what else. I know Amsoil make some good lubricants but I simply do not want or need them.

What do I do? Just tell him hes lost a sale then? Or go see him in person? Im thinking of just buying a PureOne oil filter and AEM Dryflow pod and be done with it. Or reorder the stuff from the States. This whole salesmanship drives me up the wall sometimes.
dunno.gif

Become a perfered customer for $20 a year that way you dont have to deal with pushy sales men.

Pablo certainly has no agenda.
At least not with his Amsoil dealings.
Can't speak about his desire to overthrow the fashion world and force everyone into sweatpants....

My old man and his lady are Ex-Amway dealers, someone in the family conned them into it.
frown.gif
smirk.gif

A old friend of the family is a Ex-Amsoil dealer. He almost shot me when he found out I was using Amsoil.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back