Is SLOB still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I knew it was either a seal swelling agent or a VI that was the sticking point...... Oh well...But if you need that kind of thing....

I was innocently surfing the BITOG site one day a few weeks ago, when I saw some discussion about SLOB, so I thought "hmmm, that sounds interesting..". Then I started reading, one thing led to another, and now I'm panick-stricken running around trying to find a Big Lots with SLOB in stock.
frown.gif

In addition to a number of older vehicles with flat tappet cams, and some J-D diesel equipment, one of my big concerns is my motorcycles (Suzuki 1200 Bandit and DL1000 V-Strom). They have wet clutches, and there's already some concern about "energy conserving" oil causing clutch problems, so, I wonder if SLOB would affect the clutch?
My first post, and it's about SLOB.
frown.gif

While shopping BigLots over the weekend, I found 6 more bottles of SLOB on the shelf. I always check when I go in the store, and there had been no SLOB on the shelves since I cleaned them out last fall. Apparently there's still a supply out there somewhere. It was priced at $1 per bottle.

A few of the stores around me still have it on the shelf. Perhaps i'll buy it up and see if anyone needs it.

I took a look at Big Lots in my area, and the section that had auto goodies was all of about 6' long. A total disappointment.

Frank D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back