Is Ecogard a Good Air Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea how good it is. Why don't you just use Toyota OEM? Just asking
27.gif

Sometimes "reviews" can be deceptive. On Amazon, I always check the reliability of reviews with Fakespot. A helpful tool to use when you need it. BTW, the review got an "A".

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Hombre909
Sometimes "reviews" can be deceptive. On Amazon, I always check the reliability of reviews with Fakespot. A helpful tool to use when you need it. BTW, the review got an "A".

You are absolutely correct About fake spot. It's not perfect either but I think it can really help uncover bad products

I have used their engine air filters and cabin air filters. Both have been fine. The prices on them seem to have gone up, the last time I purchased a engine air filter for the escape, a purolator filter was cheaper so I went that route.

They are fine like most air filters today. As long as you do not see any reviews for it not fitting your car line it should work fine.

Originally Posted by Jimzz
They are fine like most air filters today. As long as you do not see any reviews for it not fitting your car line it should work fine.

+1

The only issues I've really seen with any paper air filters have been fitment related.

These are hard to beat, and last at least 50k on that car.

Denso 143-3560

Toyota 17801-21060

Between the two, I would choose the Ecogard. I have used their oil filters on a daily basis in the past and never had an issue with them. There's also C&P pictures of them posted on here as well with positive feedback. I always research what other products a company has to offer and see what they specialize in. Being that Ecogard sells only filters I would say it is a solid choice. It is only $8 after all, so I would not expect it to be the most efficient but it will fit without any issues and have serviceable life.

Last edited:
I have an Ecoguard in my Camry now. Doesn't seem that difficult to manufacture an air or oil filter. Should be ok.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth

Putting a mileage life on an air filter doesn't mean much. How long an air filter can last is almost solely dependent on the local environment, where the vehicle is driven (I suspect highway driving is 'cleaner' than city driving), if the vehicle is parked outside or inside, and so on.

I called Ecogard today. They're up in Taunton, Massachusetts, USA. They also have good info about their product on their listings for air filters on amazon.
Like one of the reviewers under the amazon listing said, he thinks $8 is a fair price for an air filter. Why pay $20 or more for one when the Ecogard is basically the same thing with a price tag that's $10 to $22 less? Some filters are over priced, except the K&N air filter which is in a class of its own.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson

Putting a mileage life on an air filter doesn't mean much. How long an air filter can last is almost solely dependent on the local environment, where the vehicle is driven (I suspect highway driving is 'cleaner' than city driving), if the vehicle is parked outside or inside, and so on.

Does it really matter if the car is parked indoors or outdoors as long as the engine is not taking in any air?

I probably replace mine too often but I throw an engine filter into each car every 12-18 months, don't check condition or mileage.

Cabin filter every six months For 9 bucks a shot I'm way ahead of the game.

Originally Posted by Mr_Luke
Some filters are over priced, except the K&N air filter which is in a class of its own.

Haha, K&N isn't just overpriced, it's overpriced overhyped garbage.

Ecogard is fine. We installed one of their cabin air filters in my friends 2018 GMC Canyon. And the cabin filter didn't cause our DPF system failure.

Eco guard fits and filters fine been running the air filter in my Tacoma after I was going through filters too fast when I was using the truck in west Texas.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by madeej11

Does it really matter if the car is parked indoors or outdoors as long as the engine is not taking in any air?

Sorry, the outside parking scenario I was thinking of is related to where it may be parked, i.e. under a tree, for example. Personal example is a parking spot I used to use at work that was under a tree (I liked it for the shade) that had small, teardrop-shaped leaves that fell off all spring/summer/fall. On many days, my car could have a hundred (??) of those on it including many in the cowl (?) area which leads to the air filter inlet. When I've changed the cabin air filter, there were many leaves caught by the filter.

Originally Posted by dogememe
Originally Posted by Mr_Luke
Some filters are over priced, except the K&N air filter which is in a class of its own.

Haha, K&N isn't just overpriced, it's overpriced overhyped garbage.

Ecogard is fine. We installed one of their cabin air filters in my friends 2018 GMC Canyon. And the cabin filter didn't cause our DPF system failure.
Isn't this interesting: https://www.fakespot.com/product/kampn-vf2000-cabin-air-filter

Originally Posted by madeej11

Sorry, the outside parking scenario I was thinking of is related to where it may be parked, i.e. under a tree, for example. Personal example is a parking spot I used to use at work that was under a tree (I liked it for the shade) that had small, teardrop-shaped leaves that fell off all spring/summer/fall. On many days, my car could have a hundred (??) of those on it including many in the cowl (?) area which leads to the air filter inlet. When I've changed the cabin air filter, there were many leaves caught by the filter.

Yes but you have to admit that scenario is hardly a problem for most people. In fact if your situation is that bad at work just quickly cover it up before you start working. Besides you weren't forced to park under a tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back