Is corrosionX food safe?

I have been very impressed with corrosionX with everything I have tried it on. In the near future I plan on buying a gallon of it. I use it on everything, and it has basically replaced all my solvents/oils. The one area I find it lacks is as penetrating oil. Don't get me wrong, it does work, but I find the classic PB blaster, and even WD-40 to work faster. I have never found a better corrosion protector. I use it on just about everything. I originally got it as a superior gun oil, and it excels in that area. I use it on electrical connections, battery terminals, tools, chains, or anything else I don't want to corrode. The one thing I don't is on my knives. I have always used mineral oil because it is safe for food. Recently I found a source that stated corrosionX is food safe. I could not find another source to confirm it. As of now, I could not find any mention whether it was or was not on the corrosionX web page, and it it doesn't say anything on the can I have.

I doubt CX is considered food grade due to the AW and maybe some of the other additives in the product. Having said that, I doubt that if you coat a knife with it and use it to cut food on an occasional basis that it will be harmful to you.

20pss

I got a message back from CorrosionX. While it is food safe, he stated that a coating on a knife will almost certainly be safe. He said I would have to actually drink the stuff for it to be dangerous. I think I'll go ahead and use it.

Hopefully, you will wash the oil off the knife before use and then oil it before storage. I doubt any residue after washing with soap would be enough to cause any harm. Just MHO of course.

AMC

Originally Posted By: 20pss
I got a message back from CorrosionX. While it is food safe, he stated that a coating on a knife will almost certainly be safe. He said I would have to actually drink the stuff for it to be dangerous. I think I'll go ahead and use it.
One of the MANY reasons Corrosion-X is my go to lubricant. I use it on guns, knives, tools, motorcycle chains, door hinges, etc... Everything and anything that needs lubrication. It is the overall best lubricant and rust stopper I have ever used.