Is anybody else a Vornado...fan?

I have three of the three speed pedestal/ stand fans. They certainly move air.

Im not sure the new ones are the equal to the old ones in longevity.
One is losing a bearing after about 5 years.

In terms of noise, on the three speed units even on the lowest speed they are still fairly loud.
If I were to buy again I would definitely buy the variable / 99 speed version.

I dont use them as much as I used to now that I have a ceiling fan in every room.

Last edited:
Costco has a different Vornado fan that works very well, similar size but a flat surface. It is priced at $39.99 I believe. Only 3 speeds however, so if 99 speeds are important, that less expensive option just will not work.

Have one at work, IMO other than the tilting upward I haven't found it being too different than a normal $20 Walmart fan. Yes it is more efficient (I think it is because of the motor it uses) but it is probably not going to save enough to pay off. I also don't need something THAT quiet, but if I do I have some computer fans that are even quieter that I can hook up to a 5V USB charger, that was originally rated for 12V.

Still, I'd pick a Vornado over a Dyson any day, for the reliability alone.

I have one of the square vornado fans from Costco a few years ago. It has the 3 electronic speed buttons (not the switch). I love the fan as it moves air very well. I do not like the buttons and the beeping (why does everything need to beep these days??). I also had to pop it open and oil the bearings on this model as it was losing speed. The oiling restored the speed. For any of you interested in the oil (and I suspect ALL of you!), I used Zoom Spout oil.

fans.jpg

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Costco has a different Vornado fan that works very well, similar size but a flat surface. It is priced at $39.99 I believe. Only 3 speeds however, so if 99 speeds are important, that less expensive option just will not work.
That’s a good price. We prefer the look of the round ones. Remote control capability and variable speed + better efficiency sold us on this model.

Never used that model
Funny i too need a fan on at night to sleep and I have these back in the day $20 basic
fans that are like 30 years old- no service no nothing and they keep on going.
Yep, if I just needed the noise I’d get a cheap one. We actually use it primarily to cool down our living room and a cheap one couldn’t keep up with this

I don’t mind them, they’re pretty good fans and move decent airflow and mixing. I have a large and small one, but havent pulled them out in a few years.

I've had two. One large old one was called an air mover not a fan. It was a force to be reckoned with.

The other one was smaller, newer, and a big disappointment. I could have purchased 4 or 5 box fans for the price of that lousy thing.

Back