Is a Chevrolet Trax Just a Lifted Sonic?

That's correct, and GM is making a fortune on them (compared to the Sonic.) Good business decision if you're all about the $.

GM sells the Trax, on average, for about $5,100 more than a comparable Sonic, plus they're made in Mexico instead of the US like the Sonic was. Sonic has been discontinued and production was slated to end in October.

We have a 2020 Trax...more room hands down than the Sonic too...

Wife likes it. Good for day to day stuff. Seats for down for more room. Fits most of the stuff we put in it. Not as good for the bigger stuff though...will have to rent a truck from Home Depot to get some Drywall home. Peppy little CUV, and it is great on gas, and very easy to park.

Only downside is the engine is noisy, but we do find it useful......

Wife has a 16 Trax. It had a coolant leak that cost 1k to fix in labor, evidently had to take the turbo off to get to it. Also had a PCV canister valve go bad, 2 min fix. She likes it, me not so much, too small.

We have a 2020 Trax...more room hands down than the Sonic too...

Wife likes it. Good for day to day stuff. Seats for down for more room. Fits most of the stuff we put in it. Not as good for the bigger stuff though...will have to rent a truck from Home Depot to get some Drywall home. Peppy little CUV, and it is great on gas, and very easy to park.

Only downside is the engine is noisy, but we do find it useful......
I believe they're coming out with an updated, more powerful engine soon.

Edit: here it is...

1606840697218.png

I have a 14 Buick Encore and a 12 Sonic in stock at my dealer. The trax is basically a lifted sonic with awd. Interior very narrow. Can’t speak for the interior quality of the Trax but I can say the Encore is nothing special. IMO the 1.4t engine is just enough power for the SUV/AWD set up it would probably fair better in the sonic. The sonic I have is a 1.8 NA and is currently burning 1 quart per tank of gas at 120k.

Back