Irritated With Roku Ultra

I have three devices hooked to my TV. Roku, fire, and a laptop.

I got rid of all of them and bought a google assistant device from amazon.

Amazon Fire and Roku are terrible with bloatware, and ads everywhere. The google assistant device has no ads whatsoever, just google play store. I've had better luck with that.

Some of the hardware from amazon is sketchy at best. I actually have a device called MECOOL. It works many times faster than my roku or fire.

Amazon Fire and Roku are terrible with bloatware, and ads everywhere. The google assistant device has no ads whatsoever, just google play store. I've had better luck with that.

Some of the hardware from amazon is sketchy at best. I actually have a device called MECOOL. It works many times faster than my roku or fire.
Just wait until Google assistant learns what you like to watch and if it has a voice remote it’ll be listening. When tech moves in it doesn’t move out.

Just wait until Google assistant learns what you like to watch and if it has a voice remote it’ll be listening. When tech moves in it doesn’t move out.

I would get a roll of aluminum foil......let's see what's my hat size?

I just found out about wolf launcher and techdoctorUK. switched my firestick launcher to that and ran the debloat toolbox to kill 95 Pct of the Amazon processes and it's running much faster. Picture quality is good too!

Attachments

• IMG_20211002_200505355.jpg
    IMG_20211002_200505355.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20211002_200125832.jpg
    IMG_20211002_200125832.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 5
Amazon Fire and Roku are terrible with bloatware, and ads everywhere.
Hmmm ... interesting, been using Roku players for gosh, maybe 10+ years now since cancelling cable TV (currently have 5 Roku players plus one Roku TV) I never saw an ad or bloatware unless I went to a streaming channel that had ads or bloatware.
But that has nothing to do with the Roku player and everything to do with what channel you are watching. Kinda like blaming a TV for having TV commercials I would think.
Most "free" channels carry ads or their existence would not be possible. We pay for Netflix, Hulu and Apple TV and watching them through our Roku player there is never a commercial. Some times when my daughter in another state subscribes to Prime we also watch it using here password.username.
Maybe I am reading your post wrong in some way.

Hmmm ... interesting, been using Roku players for gosh, maybe 10+ years now since cancelling cable TV (currently have 5 Roku players plus one Roku TV) I never saw an ad or bloatware unless I went to a streaming channel that had ads or bloatware.
But that has nothing to do with the Roku player and everything to do with what channel you are watching. Kinda like blaming a TV for having TV commercials I would think.
Most "free" channels carry ads or their existence would not be possible. We pay for Netflix, Hulu and Apple TV and watching them through our Roku player there is never a commercial. Some times when my daughter in another state subscribes to Prime we also watch it using here password.username.
Maybe I am reading your post wrong in some way.
I agree. Only ad I have ever seen on Roku other than content while streaming through apps, is the Roku one that is on the Home Page under deals or something. There is nothing added to a Roku other than what you put on there during the setup.

Back