Interview with Hollywood car guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't particularly care for The Fast and Furious franchise, but Mighty Car Mods did coverage on the Furious7 premier and at the end they visited the shop of and interviewed the guy that built the cars, pretty interesting stuff.

Youtube Link

If you've never heard of Mighty Car Mods, it is an Australian car program on Youtube, a great show.

The guy that builds the movie cars said he puts the same drive train in everything it will fit in regardless or make or model: LS3 @ 500 hp; TH400; Ford 9" @ 4.88.

I saw that when they first uploaded the video, and was just about to re-watch b/c i couldn't remember what LS Variant they said.

and just a small correction, but a sign of how Hollywood has to congratulate themselves for everything (You Pooped! yAY!!)

it's not the Premier of Furious 7, it's the Premier of the First TRAILER for Furious 7.

yes, they are throwing a red carpet affair, to premier a movie trailer.
(nothing against MCM for covering it, just...bleah..self congratulation in LA LA land.)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: earlyre
has to congratulate themselves for everything (You Pooped! yAY!!)

it's not the Premier of Furious 7, it's the Premier of the First TRAILER for Furious 7.

yes, they are throwing a red carpet affair, to premier a movie trailer.
(nothing against MCM for covering it, just...bleah..self congratulation in LA LA land.)

Yeah, I have no intention of actually watching Furious7, I feel about the same way you do about the showmanship and self congratulations. I just think MCM is great, and I thought the interview of the car guy was interesting, something that other BITOGers might like to watch.

I was actually really surprised how everyone got upset when Paul Walker died. I had just assumed everyone hated him because of Fast & Furious. Myself, I had neutral feelings about him as I haven't seen any of his other work.

Originally Posted By: Cardenio327

I was actually really surprised how everyone got upset when Paul Walker died. I had just assumed everyone hated him because of Fast & Furious. Myself, I had neutral feelings about him as I haven't seen any of his other work.

People were upset because Paul Walker was a genuinely nice guy. He was an enthusiast, had a pretty substantial and varied car collection, and was a generally upstanding human being (especially by Hollywood standards).

As for hating the F&F franchise: The movies became fun when the producers stopped taking them so seriously. People who watch them trying to be a fun governor and pointing out everything that is impossible will never enjoy it. The first movie took itself too seriously and tried too hard to be relevent. The next two were awful. After that though, each one just seemed to leave reality farther and farther behind... and that's fine. It's all unrealistic and impossible, but the produces have accepted and embraced this, turning them into fun heist films with cool cars. Once you accept that, they become alright entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back