Intermittent P0171 on 2015 Forester FB25B

The CEL was on, but when I went to scan the code, it says MIL command status was off, which I confirmed after starting the car. There are no drivability problems and no other symptoms other than the CEL.

It had been on a couple weeks ago, but I had reset the CEL. It came back on, but this time went off on its own (see above).

P0171 is the only code the car has. All monitors are ready.
Here is the freeze frame data:
Fuel Sys 1CL
Fuel Sys 2N/A
Calc Load7.8%
ECT162 F
STFT B135.2%
LTFT B15.5%
MAP9 in Hg
Eng RPM699
Veh Speed0 mph
Spark Adv14.5 degrees
IAT25 F
MAF0.19 lb/min
TPS12.5%
O2SLocO2S11
O2S12
O2S B1S20.045 V
STFT B1S20.0%
OBDSupOBD and OBDII
Run Time506 sec
Command EGR0.0%
EGR Error0.0%
Command EVAP0.0%
Fuel Level99.6%
BARO30 in Hg
ECU Volts14.277 V
LOAD Value9.0%
EQ Ratio0.906
Rel TPS1.2%
Ambient19 F
TPS B29.8%
ACC Pedal D13.7%
ACC Pedal E13.7%
Command TAC0.0%
N/D_STATNEUT
GEAR_RCMDNeutral

Your MAF reading of 0.19 lb/min (1.44 g/s) seems low to me. My FA20 turbo Subaru flows 2.35 - 2.55 g/s at warm idle at the same rpm, and your engine isn't even fully warmed up.

It could be a dirty sensor, or it could be a vacuum leak.
I agree,

A general rule is that under most conditions*, hot idle g/s should be close to engine displacement, this being a 2.5l that does seem low

I'd inspect the air intake system, check for major vacuum leaks, and hose down the MAF with MAF cleaner

*there are exceptions to this rule

Does it have a K&N filter. ;)

You got some good advice for starting places already.. pretty much sums up what I thought too.

unless I'm missing something the
STFT B135.2%
seems to indicate a vacuum leak or air not being measured correctly

Does it have a K&N filter. ;)

You got some good advice for starting places already.. pretty much sums up what I thought too.

unless I'm missing something the
STFT B135.2%
seems to indicate a vacuum leak or air not being measured correctly

Nope, not a K&N filter, just a Super Tech from Walmart that has been on the car for about a year.

I haven't removed the intake or any part of that system or any of those hoses for any reason. I'm going to replace the air filter again with the same kind, but otherwise the intake system has never been touched, before or after the MAF.

I do have a can of CRC MAF cleaner.

Back