Interesting eBay experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by alarmguy
Originally Posted by dlundblad
TL; DR. An eBay seller is using a different method of shipping (with no tracking) than what was mentioned in the original listing.

I bought a $12 item on eBay that can be mailed in an envelope. The original listing says it would be mailed first class USPS, which according to google includes tracking. If it doesn't automatically mean this, I guess my question is answered.

I received a notification saying my item was shipped as well as a message from the seller saying it'll be basically mailed with a stamp with no tracking. He also said if I'd like tracking, it'd cost $3.50 more. Keep in mind, the original listing said it'd be mailed first class USPS.

All that said, there's no proof of it being shipped. The end of the message said if I don't get it in 10-12 days to let him know and to not simply open a case against him.

Does anyone else smell fish? Would it be unreasonable of me to point out that the original listing said first class USPS shipping?

Thanks in advance.

I love e-bay. You are protected either way. I think a mistake your are making is talking with the seller. I never message with the seller if I think something is up. In fact EBAY says not too and NEVER send a seller money unless EBAY handles it, (Im talking about that $3.50. and always communicate within Ebays system.

Forget all that stuff. Just deal with EBAY, simple as apple pie.
Look in your account, look up "buying", see what you bought, see if EBAY lists it as shipped.
If its shipped, great, you will get it, if you dont get it, its simple to submit to EBAY for a refund, easy as apple pie.
If its not shipped, its simple to submit it to EBAY and they will give you a refund, easy as apple pie.

Did I mention "easy as apple pie" ?
Hope you understand, just trying to ease your mind and Im not being a smart a__.
Dont stress, Ebay lists all the time frames a seller has to ship and for you to receive, if you dont fall in that time frame, EBAY makes is very simple to contact them from your account and they will handle it and issue a refund. Yes, it takes time but the last thing I would do is contact the seller. You use eBay for a reason and that is the service EBAY provides for you. Make sure to use it and let them deal with the seller. Then just sit back and let EBAY take care of it. Everyone is protected if you stay within the system.

Its no big deal except for lost time, care free, a buyer never loses his/her money, just use the services of EBAY and never go outside the system. (such as contacting seller through your personal email instead of ebays message system ect.

To be clear, I never messaged the seller.

Normally I've had good luck with eBay, but sure enough the last time I received a super friendly message from a seller, it turned out to be a scam.

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
First class envelope is just the regular mail stamp. No tracking or extra features.

That. Tracking would be Priority Mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back