InTech 5.4 32V engine- low oil light came on at high speed, think a bearing may have spun?

Yea -"trouble free or reliable" is really an abstract term here...apparently. That thing is a piece of garbage.
It's all about perspective
This forum appreciates a good story, and DIY ingenuity
People told me my projects cough Project xB² are a money waste, but knock on wood 👀 they are all still turn key drivers

We all have to learn somehow 🤷‍♂️

Simple. If you have been following this story from day one....the vehicle is trouble prone-and the work done was subpar. But yea-it's a great story.

Dude, I have been.

🙄

I just don't understand why there is negativity. GON explained everything he has gone through, including the purchase and why he got the vehicle in the first place. If he is happy with his purchase, why can't you let him be happy instead of pooping on his retelling of his experience?

In all the threads I've read about this project, and his others, he is upbeat and has a purpose for each of the vehicles he restores.

Again, he bought the vehicle - if he didn't like it he would sell it or junk it. It is clear he is not selling it or junking it.

And you are right, it is a great story and I'm glad he is sharing it with us. I hope he continues to share his experiences with us.

But if a poster receives too much negativity posting about what they are doing, then what's the point of posting anymore if you are only going to be bashed?

If he had been asking for an opinion, then yeah, give an opinion. But he's not asking.

Last edited:
Dude, I have been.

🙄

I just don't understand why there is negativity. GON explained everything he has gone through, including the purchase and why he got the vehicle in the first place. If he is happy with his purchase, why can't you let him be happy instead of pooping on his retelling of his experience?

In all the threads I've read about this project, and his others, he is upbeat and has a purpose for each of the vehicles he restores.

Again, he bought the vehicle - if he didn't like it he would sell it or junk it. It is clear he is not selling it or junking it.

And you are right, it is a great story and I'm glad he is sharing it with us. I hope he continues to share his experiences with us.

But if a poster receives too much negativity posting about what they are doing, then what's the point of posting anymore if you are only going to be bashed?

If he had been asking for an opinion, then yeah, give an opinion. But he's not asking.
Well-said - at the end of the day, @GON winds up with a good vehicle at a very good price, albeit with a lot of hassle and unexpected expenses to get there.

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch (TANSTAAFL).

I suspect GON could sell the vehicle, recoup his expenses, and make a tidy profit. And don't forget, he's already gotten good use out of it.

Dude, I have been.

🙄

To clear this up, I was the one that made the initial questioning of @GON using the term trouble free.

The story has been a good one and he has gotten good use out of the vehicle despite all the problems with the mechanic and the situation he was in. Everyone has their version of satisfaction.

I had a coworker that owned a VW Jetta or Passat. Can’t remember now. That car was in the shop a few times each year for some problem. She said it was the best car she had ever owned. I probably wouldn’t have said that.

In any case I apologize for disrupting the thread.

To clear this up, I was the one that made the initial questioning of @GON using the term trouble free.

The story has been a good one and he has gotten good use out of the vehicle despite all the problems with the mechanic and the situation he was in. Everyone has their version of satisfaction.

I had a coworker that owned a VW Jetta or Passat. Can’t remember now. That car was in the shop a few times each year for some problem. She said it was the best car she had ever owned. I probably wouldn’t have said that.

PT,

Your comment was not taken as a negative, and fully understand what you posted and your reason. I have one BITOGer on ignore, I see ignored posts (not the comment from the ignored post), so I suspect she/he posted the usual bait to get reaction and spark negative thoughts.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Reactions: D60

You didn't disrupt the thread. Calling the vehicle reliable is nonsensical. But GON doesn't see my posts so it doesn't matter-I already knew this BTW. So-he (GON) can throw a dart at me (see his comment above)-I can't throw it back.

Last edited:
D60,

Thanks- I have not looked into that.
The '06 Expy I worked on had the bracket that looked identical to the picture of the part number you provided....somewhere else

Our '08 F150 uses a different bracket despite still being a 3V 5.4, so I don't know if the bracket changed because of 2006 vs 2008 or Expy vs F150

$35k for a HVAC system?

Just read this entire thread, wow. As a Ford guy I'm glad you have a good running big SUV. You took risks And hopefully they will payoff long term.

Reactions: GON
$35k for a HVAC system?

Just read this entire thread, wow. As a Ford guy I'm glad you have a good running big SUV. You took risks And hopefully they will payoff long term.
Yes, HVAC was purchased through COSTCO, Seattle are, and replacement system is heat pump featured, as was the system it replaced.

No idea if the risk will pay off monetarily, but I had a good time and education. Being 100 rust free, independent rear suspension, tow package (unit never ever towed until I purchased), and the Intech engine- I sense I could have done better and could have done worse. An example, a 2009 Navigator with the 5.4l 3v. I think I will take an older Intech 5,4l 4v over a later model with a 5.4l 3v.

A "trouble free" vehicle can mean almost anything depending on it's owner. If Joe Somebody had purchased my Jeep when I did, except paid market value and had to have it serviced by a shop, I guarantee more than the Men's Warehouse guy that after 2 years and 25k miles that they wouldn't use the words "trouble free" to describe it.

However, as someone who possesses the skills necessary to perform repairs while having access to a shop and everything that comes with it, I would easily say that for the $250 purchase price it's been one of the most "trouble free" vehicles I've owned to date. That's a list that's 30 vehicles deep, btw. I say this even after the Jeep left me stranded due to a seized idler pulley, 3 leaky calipers, a blown CV joint, a failed t-case, and more.

Back