Inserting Emojis on Cell Phone

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
One thing I find annoying when using my Android cell phone on BITOG is when inserting emojis the keypad on the phone pops up and entirely covers the emojis. There's no reason to use the keyboard, and I have to close it to pick emojis. Don't know if this happens with anyone else regardless of phone type - ?.

Was wondering if this is something a change in the board software settings can fix? Or maybe the software developer needs to change something?

This is what the phone screen looks like right after I hit the emoji insert icon. It looks like it wants you to enter text to search for an emoji, but I never use that function, it's not really needed IMO. I have to close the keyboard to see the emojis.

Capture+_2021-08-18-01-48-17.png

Here's what it looks like after closing the keyboard. Then you can scroll through the emojis and pick what you want.

Screenshot_2021-08-18-01-52-03.png

The search window is still there. If I touch the search window, then the keyboard pops up, which is the only time it should. But not automatically pop-up when you first hit the insert emoji function icon.

Last edited:
What happens when you use emojis on your android keyboard? (Pressing and holding the button below the left shift)?

Why do people feel the need to insert cartoon characters into a message? I mean, maybe if you're 10, but as an adult? :ROFLMAO:
I NEVER for the longest time used them when I responded on forums. Then a few people complained 🤨that how I respond seem aggressive, rude, attacking, etc. :rolleyes: when that was not my intention 😇 so it was recommend to use Emojis. This way for the lack of not seeing my demeanor, body language and how I verbalized talking in the real world my responses could be interpreted a little less aggressive?🤖 You think it works? LOL vs :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: JC1
But then it obviously grew to excessive use which tends to diminish the appearance of technical competence.

Kind of like when people apparently feel the need to repeatedly state their education and experience. After a while that doesn't help, it detracts.

I NEVER for the longest time used them when I responded on forums. Then a few people complained 🤨that how I respond seem aggressive, rude, attacking, etc. :rolleyes: when that was not my intention 😇 so it was recommend to use Emojis. This way for the lack of not seeing my demeanor, body language and how I verbalized talking in the real world my responses could be interpreted a little less aggressive?🤖 You think it works? LOL vs :ROFLMAO:
You can always run your text through "emojify" to get more emojis 😉

Not an issue on iOS. If I click the 3 dots, it opens my keyboard but when I click on the smiley face for emojis it closes the keyboard for me and shows them.

No, it doesn't really work. :p

Back