Insane Used Car Prices (KIA is even participating)

True, but people are still buying cars. Even people who don't need a car. They are using inflated values for their trade in as justification.
That won't last, it's like the people who were buying up all of the toilet paper...

True, but people are still buying cars. Even people who don't need a car. They are using inflated values for their trade in as justification.
It's a good time to get rid of a surplus car, but makes to sense to replace it with another surplus car. not to me anyway.

I’ve just finished watching the video and this is your price for 2022 Honda Civic Touring; I would not touch it with a 6’pole, they may give me an extra on my trade in but it is a wash, plus they’ll reset your loan clock

8297E09E-174F-468A-969E-8E499245BCD0.jpeg

As for the cars the same goes for the houses; yes it makes sense if you wand a downsize and get more affordable housing but to move from a place to another equally or higher priced unit you don’t want to do it; especially considering all the fees in the selling process and your stress of the unknown; it’s not worth it in my playbook

Last edited:
That does seem like a good way to find storage for their vehicles. Plus it helps alleviate a potential future bottleneck for trucking the vehicles to the dealer.
Yes it does. I posted the link in response to your request for verification that the chip supply was increasing. The article states that those trucks previously held back due to lack of chips are now having new chips installed and are being shipped to dealers as we speak.

From the article: "During a recent fireside chat with Credit Suisse, General Motors CFO Paul Jacobson indicated that production is expected to normalize by the 2022 calendar year, with improvements coming though the second half of 2021."

Back