Industry Pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT8

I would like to thank the industry pros on board. we have aviation industry, Auto industry, electronic/computer,.building and others that chime in with the proper answers and advice . This brain power is wonderful and greatly appreciated.

I find it fascinating reading about other industries, even ones that I though I would never be interested in, when things are explained by someone passionate about that industry.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
I find it fascinating reading about other industries, even ones that I though I would never be interested in, when things are explained by someone passionate about that industry.

I appreciate you pro input. I have been out of the Business for 19 years and our best parts guys knew what went wrong with the equipment by the parts they ordered and sell. Great parts people are such an important asset as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:
I do not like "Proprietary information and non-disclosure agreements." I believe that knowledge/science should be shared with others. But, I understand when you sign a contract, it's an obligation of integrity.

Amen to that sentiment! The folks you are referring to, and a few more, are the core/backbone of this website. Without their input we would be wallowing around in unsound opinions and prejudices we often mis-learned over our own years of grappling with issues that few of us really understand. That these folks are willing to take their time to explain, teach, and mentor is a certain indicator of their dedication to their chosen field.

Unfortunately, over my tenure here, we have had quite a few apparent industry insiders in various fields willing to share important information. Many left in disgust at the attacks (both personal and professional) by relatively unqualified persons who seemingly acted more like "sharpshooters" of every point and/or misspelled word! On balance, we also have had a few shills who skillfully aimed at disrupting discussions. I suppose it truly does take all kinds of people to fill up the freeways!

Originally Posted by Onetor
I do not like "Proprietary information and non-disclosure agreements." I believe that knowledge/science should be shared with others. But, I understand when you sign a contract, it's an obligation of integrity.

We try and share as much info as allowed by NDA's and IP's, but the industry is very competitive and the concept of IP is very important to that competitiveness.

A question one has to ask is: Suppose a complete formula was divulged. Would the average Joe be able to comprehend the chemistry?

I try to be as open as possible about my field. There are some things I can't talk about because as much as I love everyone here, I have to respect the person that signs my paycheck.

What happened to that guy Terry ?
Who ran him off...?

I do agree BITOG has lots of folks who are considered experts in their career field.

Originally Posted by MolaKule
Would the average Joe be able to comprehend the chemistry?

No, and enough of us armchair types would be bothering the oil companies with inane questions and comments about improving the formulation.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back