In-N-Out Burger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of the overwhelming, but well-deserved negativity of the McD thread:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...&gonew=1#UNREAD

I just want to counter it with this:
http://www.in-n-out.com/default.asp

This fast-food chain is awesome. Everything is made to order; even the french fries are cut from whole potatoes on-the spot. A bright spot on the fast food market.

Only down-side is it's Southern California only; but everytime I'm there, I make it a point to visit In-N-Out at least once or twice.
thumbsup2.gif

They are also common in Northern California with one outpost as far north as Redding.

Also some in Nevada, Arizona and Utah.

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
Sonic around here is about on the same square.

Not even close. Sonic does fried this and that bits, corn dogs, hot dogs and every other thing you can dump into a fryer. In-N-Out does only Hamburgers, Fries and Drinks/shakes. That's it. Cooked to order, no heat lamps, microwaves, OR freezers. Even the bread is brought in fresh daily. Two totally different tastes and Sonic doesn't compare.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
In -N- Out is the best in quality by far.

About 7 years ago my wife and I were staying in a B&B in Redding and another couple in the B&B had driven down from Eugene for their annual In N out burger binge.
shocked2.gif

There used to be a small chain in SF cal.Called Doggie Diners they closed up about 20 ?years ago and they were real good. My Dad would take me there.

Sonic in no way = In N Out.

I moved from San Diego to Houston TX the last week of June, I am DYING for a Double-Double and chocolate shake. Yeah there is some BBQ here, but nothing like In N Out Burgers.

I am planning a trip "home" the end of September, it'll definitely include a few trips. I wear the sticker with pride on my bumper here in TX!

I have always been disappointed by In-n-Out Burger. When I get visitors they usually want to go, so I take them there. I don't find those burgers special in any way. They are better than the average chains, but that doesn't mean much. The rolls they use are also just passable.

Solo2Driver,

Do you have Whataburger down there in Houston? I've seen it in the DFW area, but haven't been to Houston to check it out there.

there was a place called "California Burger" that was in Delaware a number of years back. Everything was fresh, but it was super-fast too. They couldnt make it work, cost-wise...

JMH

After all the hype - In-N-Out hasn't got me all excited.

The great burgers only exist in memory. The best I had in my life was at the Carl's Jr. orginal walk in restaurant Sunshine Broiler in Anaheim. You can't get the same any more.

In the PNW, we have Kidd Valley, http://www.kiddvalley.com/ which is better than In-N-Out.

We also have Dave's Burgers, which is also better than In-N-Out.

Had a Jonny Rocket burger several years ago. Didn't care for it, used the remaining 1/2 of it to grease my car and pick-up.

Best burgers I had are grilled on kiawe wood. There was a place here a while back for surfers and tourists on the North Shore. They also had grilled chicken, teriyaki meat and pork sandwiches. Always stopped by when I was in that area. They didn't serve no fries or any milkshakes but those sandwiches and burgers were tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back