In my 4th week of waiting on BlackStone… again.

BlackStone was who my father (airframe and power plant mechanic & heavy diesel mechanic since the late 70’s) religiously used and recommended for decades and was literally the only lab I even knew existed before coming here. I was fine with a week or 2 wait, then 3 became the norm, now it’s 4 (or more). The wait times have gotten out of hand considering their price increases, and I’m thinking of going to Oil Analyzers. I like having all of my vehicle records at one place with BlackStone on a standard form that I’m familiar with, but I guess it’s time to get it over with and make the jump.

Apparently, ordering kits from Amsoil is the way to go? I see that after shipping and tax, a kit ends up being over $50 delivered to my door. Does Amsoil ever run sales or free shipping deals on this, or is signing up for the Amsol membership program the play here?

Any other recommendations or input is much appreciated.

Last edited:
BlackStone was who my father (airframe and power plant mechanic & heavy diesel mechanic since the late 70’s) religiously used and recommended for decades and was literally the only lab I even knew existed before coming here. I was fine with a week or 2 wait, then 3 became the norm, now it’s 4 (or more). The wait times have gotten out of hand considering their price increases, and I’m thinking of going to Oil Analyzers. I like having all of my vehicle records at one place with BlackStone on a standard form that I’m familiar with, but I guess it’s time to get it over with and make the jump.

Apparently, ordering kits from Amsoil is the way to go? I see that after shipping and tax, a kit ends up being over $50 delivered to my door. Does Amsoil ever run sales or free shipping deals on this, or is signing up for the Amsol membership program the play here?

Any other recommendations or input is much appreciated.
I get my Oil Analyzer kits thru my preferred customer acct. They often have free shipping deals. Cost is $32.42 to my door. UPS pre-paid shipping kits and I get the results in a week. Been doing this for 14 yrs. I've also used Blacksone (35 days), WIX, Detroit, and JG Lubricant Services.

The last sample I sent in (about a year ago) took about 2 weeks after they received it. Prior to that, I had a couple take 3+ weeks. I was hoping they were on the mend, apparently not.

I'll probably search out another company for my next sample. I have no beef with Blackstone other than they're slow.

My last BS sample was mailed 3/14, received 3/19, and tested 4/4. It took them 16 days to test it which is fine with me. I don't expect next day service.

Between the obscenely long wait time after receiving the sample and the inaccurate fuel dilution estimates, I stopped using BS. I've been using Oil Analyzers happily although I think BS does a better job presenting the report compared to OA.

I don’t seem to have too much trouble. I sent a sample end of April and they received it on May 2. I had my results on May 23. So exactly 21 days. This doesn’t seem too bad IMO.

Just my $0.02

Apparently, ordering kits from Amsoil is the way to go? I see that after shipping and tax, a kit ends up being over $50 delivered to my door.
If you order 3 kits at a time the cost goes down and shipping is free. I think it comes out to less than $40 per kit doing it this way.

I sent an analysis to them, USPS tracking said it arrived May 9th. This past Thursday (May 30) I emailed inquiring what was taking so long (in so many words), yesterday the analysis showed up in my email.

Back