Impulse Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dlundblad
Originally Posted by billt460

The Walnut was some of the best I've ever seen on ANY rifle at any cost.

The walnut was the first thing I noticed. Very beautiful.

On a side note, just think of how many cruise vacations you could have purchased!
28.gif

Realistically, one for the OP and spouse in a steerage class inside cabin.
We already know that cruises aren't the OP's thing.

I couldn't stop thinking about the price on that rifle. It just kept ringing in my head as, "too good to be true". So I went on the Sportsman's Warehouse website and found this.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...iversary-limited-edition-rifle/p/1458117

https://www.sportsmans.com/remingto...versary-limited-edition-pistol/p/1456826

I can't know for certain, but something is telling me they cataloged that rifle into their system wrong. And ended up selling me a 200th Anniversary 7600 Rifle for the price of a 200th Anniversary R-1 Pistol. Because I can't find that rifle for that price anywhere else on their website. The kid that sold me the rifle even mentioned to me they had the matching pistol as well.

The kid and I completed the paperwork. Then the manager checked everything to make sure it was correct. After that the kid carried the gun and accompanied me up front to the register, and waited while the girl rang me out, took my money, and gave me my receipt. So that whole process involved a total of 3 employees. The kid, the manager, and the check out girl. So if there was a mistake, all 3 made it, one after the other. That seems doubtful. The gun had to be entered into their system for that price, because she scanned the bar code on the end of the box and it rang $899.00. And as I said, when I originally asked him the price, I was shocked when he told me $899.00. And my immediate reply was, Are you sure? He checked, came back with the manager and said yes. I'm not complaining mind you, it all just makes me wonder.

I could be wrong but I thought I found it on Bud's for $989. Not far off from the price you paid. Again, I didn't look too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back