Impressed with Xfinity (Comcast) customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to post a positive experience I recently had with Xfinity (Comcast). I recently decided to dump my DSL internet in favor of Comcast 10 mbps internet, which was both faster and cheaper than what I got with DSL. I've heard many nightmare stories about Comcast, ranging from their technicians to their customer service.

I first called middle of last week to start the service, and talked to a friendly man who set up everything. He was easy to understand, polite, didn't try to sell me anything I didn't want (even when I told him I had my own modem and router). I declined having the technician come out, since our apartments can only have Comcast cable, and I assumed everything was already hooked up; it wasn't
cry.gif
so I called that day to set up an appointment and talked to another nice person, who gave me a two-hour window appointment for the next day. The technician came right in the middle of that window.

Nice guy, mid-30's I'd guess. Marine veteran who was very polite, wore shoe covers (as a low-voltage tech who is always in peoples' homes myself, I REALLY appreciate this), and knew his stuff. He got my internet up and running quickly.

I've seen commercials where Comcast is touting their improved service windows and customer support; maybe they are on to something. Just wanted to post.

TLDR: Comcast seems to be better than they used to be.

Good to hear.

I recently retired after 39 years with Comcast (and no, I was not management). It's natural for people to write about their BAD experiences, but it's also important to write about the GOOD ones. Thank you.

I have had great service with Comcast too. Which is kinda surprising since In my area they are the ones to go to for high speed internet.

Originally Posted By: panther427
I have had great service with Comcast too. Which is kinda surprising since In my area they are the ones to go to for high speed internet.

Kind of my thought too. In my apartment complex, as in so many apartment complexes around here, Comcast has a contract (or something of the sorts) to be the ONLY cable provider; that includes cable internet also. So some might say that they could be sloppy or rude, etc., and so what... you have no other options. But my experience was truly good.

I have read lots of negative stuff about Comcast, but I have never had a problem with them. I use them for phone and internet.

My experience is very poor or excellent. I now simply tell them I have to go and call again and find wonderful service.

I have Also learned to request xfinity employees only show up to perform work. Contractors are lazy and not a fan of their appearance with tattoos etc.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Good to hear.

I recently retired after 39 years with Comcast (and no, I was not management). It's natural for people to write about their BAD experiences, but it's also important to write about the GOOD ones. Thank you.

Never had one problem with their service in like 17 years+

I just upgraded to their 150mb blast. When I ordered it was fine. I didn't really need their triple play as I have unlimited on my cell phone, but it was cheaper than their double play. Only drawback with that was having to buy a modem that supported voice. The guy told me that if I didn't get a modem that supported voice, they wouldn't activate my triple play. Didn't really believe him initially, but some research online said that's what they do if they don't see a phone modem at the other end. So I guess I did appreciate his heads up, I was going to get a modem that was just internet and wifi but end up getting one that also did voice. That made the savings marginal over 2 years, but I'd still rather do that than rent one from them forever. Can't wait til they have an app for Roku.

I do remember once when my service was out and I couldn't get an appointment for a few days til I was available, they tried to charge me for the days they didn't have a service tech available. I told it was pay to play, they should have had more service hours available. So they ended up crediting me til service was restored.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Good to hear.

That why you hear a lot of bad things about quick lubes but rarely hear any success stories.

Consistently poor in my neck of the woods.

The on-line stuff was always pretty good after you waited 40 minutes for a off-shore person.

The local office folks have a combined IQ of 99 as long as three people are working.

I have Cox Cable at a vacation home and they are great.

Never had a major issue with a new install. It was the lousy CS I've received every time when an issue arose "after" the installation that ticked me off..

I've had pretty sub par support from them which pushed me to switch to CenturyLink DSL. When Comcast works, it works well. My installation tech 4 years ago was awesome,went above and beyond. I had it for 4 years then it went down the tubes. My service was always degraded and they could never fix it even after running all new lines to and into my house, the service tech's were mostly subcontracted and didn't seem to care about their quality of service. Pretty sure the circuit in my area was over saturated after a few new communities were built in the area, especially on the nights and weekends.

My 40MB DSL service through CenturyLink has been flawless for the past 18 months. It's rated half the speed of what I had through Comcast but the streaming quality for Netflix, Amazon and Hulu is 100% better. It used to buffer like crazy every few minutes on Comcast, not so With CenturyLink.

I actually tried to switch back 6 months ago after my promo rate was up with CenturyLink, figured maybe they had fixed the issue in the area. Nope, same old [censored] experience, then my modem died a few days later.The support person wanted to send a tech out to "check the lines". What the [censored] dude, my modem has no power lights on, the lines have nothing to do with it! I cancelled under the 30 day guarantee window and went back to CenturyLink....

Anyways, I think it depends on your area. But from my dealings with Comcast when issues arise, they are pretty bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back