Immovable Accessory Belt Tensioner from RA

I surely didn't expect a, "You can't do it again" scenario but I just lived one.

The Gates brand belt tensioner I bought from RA years ago for my 2002 Volvo V70 resembled the original and had "Gates" and "Made in Canada" cast into its smoother finish.

So, with confidence, I ordered the same kit (belt and tensioner) for my 2007 with the same engine.

This time the casting was minimized. The bolt holes were out on arms instead of being part of a 'chunkier' casting. The location of the holes did seem accurate.
However, the tensioner wheel's mounting DID NOT MOVE. Also the wheel had a bit of play the previous Gates was solid in every way.

RockAuto's return policy and web instructions were clear and "clicked through" just fine.
However, the graphics of the labels needed (shipper label and content list for inside the box) didn't dance with our computers.

I had to copy, paste and email the labeling several times to finally stumble upon a source which would print.

Is this kind of error for real? I tend to think it's designed to dismay and stall a customer so perhaps he loses interest or allows time to expire.

Also I know the sacrilege of using a non-Volvo part....but Gates treated me OK before!.....so please don't tell the OEM Faithful.

I go to FedEx after I shave.

I don't think the label thing is designed to make returns more difficult. Likely a software issue on their end or with your computer.

As far as Gates, most of their parts are decent, but I've been seeing a lot of counterfeit China parts in name brand boxes, and they weren't just from ebay or Amazon, but trustworthy retailers.

+1 on FCP Euro as well as eEuroparts as well as Tascaparts (Rhode Island).

The label beeped instantly at the FedEx office.
5-6 day delivery. Up to 3 days for RA to post the refund.
Catch up next week.

Excuse the delay in reporting.
'Twas delivered in 5 days and the credit was issued by RA the next day. So 6 day total instead of 8 or 9, so good.

Back