I'm making a prediction times2

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Because the current Acura ILX, which is on the previous generation Civic chassis, was not redesigned with this current generation Civic for 2016(or a year later), I predict that the ILX is going bye-bye when the time comes. I mean, maybe, just maybe Acura will keep it around longer and I could be wrong.

2) However, I predict also that Acura will replace the ILX sedan with a new sub compact premium CUV built off of the next generation Honda HR-V CUV...which IMO can't come soon enough.

My wife has been wanting an HR-V since they hit the Honda showrooms as a 2016 model(in late '15).

And from 2016-present, I have test driven several(7 or 8) from different trimlines of HR-V, different years and from different dealerships inventory, I keep saying NO! NO! Not until Honda redesigns this model with another vehicle that is up to Honda standards of building vehicles.

Once this new redesign hits the showrooms(I don't know when), I will take another look & test drive(several) and then, maybe wait a year till the bugs are ironed out.

A side note. Honda has not talked about a redesign of the HR-V that I am aware of and I have not heard/read anything in the PRESS so, IDK when this will happen as Honda is very tight lipped about new vehicles or redesigns.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Char Baby
I keep saying NO! NO! Not until Honda redesigns this model with another vehicle that is up to Honda standards of building vehicles.

All that to say that you'll never be purchasing another Honda, huh?
27.gif

13.gif

Acura brand is in some serious trouble IMO. Their sedans were not selling all that well even when sedans were still popular. In reality the MDX and RDX are supporting the whole brand.

You might be right that the ILX will be killed and replaced by a compact CUV. Makes sense in the current market.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by KrisZ
Acura brand is in some serious trouble IMO. Their sedans were not selling all that well even when sedans were still popular. In reality the MDX and RDX are supporting the whole brand.

You might be right that the ILX will be killed and replaced by a compact CUV. Makes sense in the current market.

Honda has consistently mistreated the Acura brand. Although the Acura generally had bigger and better engine/trans options, the interiors looked too similar to Honda's interiors and Honda kept some really cool technology strictly to the Honda lineup instead of sharing it with Acura as well (I.E.: Lane departure cameras). Compare that to Lexus, who boasts interiors that are head and shoulders above the Toyota lineup as well as offering different designs (I.E.: ES350 compared to the Camry interior) despite offering the same V6 engine option. I think Acura is finding out that most people seem to care more about what's inside the car than what's under the hood.

Cars in general are dead. Very few car models will remain IMO 5 years from now. I don't think any American manufacturer will make any cars save for GM and the Corvette. I see Toyota having the Corolla, Camry and Supra. Nissan the Altima only. A couple of BMWs and that's about it. Probably see Hyundai / Kia keeping a car or two. Although I am continually more impressed w Kia / Hyundai I cant for the life of me figure out their brand identity and throught processes on their target market and product lineups.

Originally Posted by gathermewool
Originally Posted by Char Baby
I keep saying NO! NO! Not until Honda redesigns this model with another vehicle that is up to Honda standards of building vehicles.

All that to say that you'll never be purchasing another Honda, huh?
27.gif

13.gif

LOL : D
On the contrary. I love most Honda products including OPE. I just want to make sure that we're buying the best/better vehicle in segment at that particular time of purchase.

However I do think that the whole sub compact CUV segment(except the new CX-30 & a couple of others) are substandard vehicles for a lot of money. Making them a compelling argument for stepping up into the next segment of CR-V or RAV(in a lower trim line) or just get an ACCORD LX for similar dollars while getting a WAAAAAY BETTER VEHICLE BY LEAPS & BOUNDS. Of course, Accords aren't AWD.

Last edited:
I used to be a big fan of Acura and owned a 2010 TL SH-AWD which was an ugly but awesome driving car - sweet 3.7L and the SH-AWD was great. That TL SH-AWD didn't look or feel like any other Honda. They started off on the wrong foot with the ugly beak grill but hey I bought one. I don't understand where they're trying to fit in since they are essentially slightly nicer Hondas with less reliable tech. They have to be a BIG money loser for Honda. I think Acura sold something like 2000 RLXs last year. Really?! I test drove the RDX and while it's a great package there were some serious first model year issues not only with tech but fit and finish. The MDX is an ok vehicle (Honda Pilot) but has been allowed to wither on the vine. Most of the Acura dealerships don't give you a true "premium" experience either. All-in-all I think they should just go bye bye....

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PWMDMD
... Most of the Acura dealerships don't give you a true "premium" experience either....

This is a real problem that Honda never addressed.
Here the local Acura and Honda dealer have different owners.
Neither is great, but you get better service and treatment from the Honda dealer.

I used to like them when they were still the Legend era. They were smooth cars.

Not sure what is happening to them now, they don't seem to have a mojo any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back