I'm looking for a portable work light.

I have an older Craftsmen light that I use a lot. Two things I'd strongly recommend are cordless with a standard USB charger. Just make it that much easier to grab and go and recharge.

To me the most important thing is the light has to mount - swivel - magnetic - clamp - hang - or whatever. It has to easily and quickly shine where you want without being in the way. Rechargeable and bright are good qualities.
Head band lights are worth the money.

To me the most important thing is the light has to mount - swivel - magnetic - clamp - hang - or whatever. It has to easily and quickly shine where you want without being in the way. Rechargeable and bright are good qualities.
Head band lights are worth the money.
Do you have a link?

Do you have a link?
Eric the car guy has a video about work lights and he recommends a hand held/flexible/magnetic light that is on the expensive side. Head band lights are plentiful and cheap. Make sure they accept the batteries you like and the light should tilt/swivel up and down to adjust to your prefference.

If you seldom use this light, rechargeable may not be the way to go. You suddenly need the light and it's dead!. Alkaline batteries are cheap and have a 7 year shelf life. Something worth considering.
I also just noticed some of the headband lights on amazon don't look very comfortable. Where it presses against your forehead, it should be smooth/padded, not plastic buckles.

If you seldom use this light, rechargeable may not be the way to go. You suddenly need the light and it's dead!. Alkaline batteries are cheap and have a 7 year shelf life. Something worth considering.
I also just noticed some of the headband lights on amazon don't look very comfortable. Where it presses against your forehead, it should be smooth/padded, not plastic buckles.
Yeah that wouldn't be good if it's dead when I need it. That's why I have an electric impact wrench.

^ Yes if the same USB standard, like micro vs C (or just get the appropriate cable if the charger itself has USB-A socket for that, but depending on the tech level, it can take a long time over USB, especially if capped at only 500mA rate.

I have several different lights, none of which are pro grade but I don't use them professionally so feel like the extra cost for pro grade would be overkill, especially since having multiples, if one were to fail I can just grab another.

Even so, as often as not I find myself just grabbing a pocket light with magnetic base and swivel (not just right angle) head, for example Nicron N9:

However it used to be $18, seems like they want a premium to include a USB rechargegable battery and cable now. Some people prefer lights with a built-in battery that USB recharges, but I don't want that downtime, would rather just have removable standard form factor 18650 cell(s) and be able to swap in already recharged spares and keep on working, already owning an 18650 multi-bay charger.

I don't have one of these folding LED work lights yet but I've seen them in use and I will have one. Plenty of light and can stick and fold to get light where you need it. This is at Home Depot, Lowe's has something similar, maybe it will be on special soon. Not the same thing as OP linked to but really handy.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-3...hViewed-_-NA-_-306862598-_-N#product-overview
When I looking at that light, I happened to see this one.. which might be better for me.

Back