I'm Considering Nitrogen vs Air Again

Hello,

When the tires on one of my previous cars became over 5 years old, I had to add air to them more often than I wanted to because it slowly leaked. Then I was suggested to use nitrogen and it helped a lot. I only needed to get them topped off 2x a year after a while, with nitrogen. Then I got rid of that car and got a car that I put a new set of tires on, and the tech told me that air will work just fine on these tires and it did.
But then I traded that car also and the car I have now has Goodyear Assurance tires that have maybe 30k miles left on them. I put 40 PSI in them and I noticed the other day that after about 3 months, I now have 36 PSI when the tires are warmed up after driving the car. I seemed to lose about 8 PSI. So again, I'm thinking of running nitrogen so it will hold the PSI for longer periods of time. I only drive the car about 4k miles a year, so these tires could last me 7 years. It will cost me about $20 + tax for nitrogen in 4 tires, with free top offs if needed. Or maybe the tires won't leak much more and will stay in the mid 30s PSI.
Any thoughts on this without condemning me for using nitrogen? It seems that older tires don't hold the PSI like new tires do, and I only drive 4k miles +/- a year so I tend to have older tires on my cars lately. I think it will be well worth the $22 to get it and have more stable PSI in the next 5+ years on these tires.

I’ve always used air in mine because it’s more readily available. Usually I only end up having to add air to mine around winter time I actually just put air in them today. First time since last year. Only one of our cars moves regularly so for me air last a long time. The tires on some of our vehicles are 13 years old and still hold air just fine. So I don’t know if it’s your climate or what.

Any thoughts on this without condemning me for using nitrogen?

If you think its a benefit and you don't mind the extra expense and work-go for it and may it give you peace of mind.

Honestly, I cant see where there is a tangible benefit. Don't see a liability either so they kinda cancel.

I get close to or over max tire life usually on regular air and maintenance practices- if that stayed the same, what benefit would the nitrogen bring that would justify the extra time and expense?

In my opinion, nitrogen fill is a gimmick. Tires will leak does regardless if they are filled with air or nitrogen. There are too many ways for a tire to leak down. Air is more available.

With nitrogen, I only needed top offs 2x a year.

If you think its a benefit and you don't mind the extra expense and work-go for it and may it give you peace of mind.

It's not a matter of thinking there is a benefit.
It's a one time cost of $22. There is no extra work. There is LESS work because I don't have to add air every month.
1x every 6 months vs 1x a month = less work.

It's not a matter of thinking there is a benefit.
It's a one time cost of $22. There is no extra work. There is LESS work because I don't have to add air every month.
1x every 6 months vs 1x a month = less work.
If you’re adding air once a month you have a leak, albeit a super slow one. I haven’t added air to my wife’s vans tires since we bought it almost 2 years ago and only now does it need some air.

Waste of time. If I need to add air, I can just go to any shop or use a portable air compressor. Not worth the hassle to find a place with Nitrogen.

So if i am using 78% nitrogen(air), and the 02 leaks out faster, eventually I'll have mostly nitrogen.
You’re also 60% water yet you don’t randomly leak every now and then. This is not how chemistry works. But it’s quite a good joke

Back