I'm becoming a double edged razor hoarder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
You guys ever shave horizontally against the grain on your neck?
From my experience, that's those most painful part.
eek.gif

I always shave with the grain, across the grain, and against the grain. The secret to a pain-free and razor burn-free shave is:

1) Only shave right after you get out of the shower. This way your beard is fully hydrated and soft...easier to shave.

2) Find the razor/blade combination that works best for you. I highly recommend an adjustable razor.

3) Find the best cream/soap for you.

4) Never drag a razor across any portion of your face that doesn't have lather on it.

5) Make sure you never press the razor against your face any harder than just what's necessary to keep the blade against your face. ANY excessive pressure will cause razor burn.

6) Always shave with the grain before going against the grain.

^This is my method as well.

But I can happily shave WTG, then do a modified Against the Grain.

My cheeks, chin, upper lip, and neck above my Adams Apple can take a beating.

I only shave with the grain, or diagonally on the lower neck.

I get on and off razor burn there, even an electric razor can't pick up those hairs they lay so flat with the skin.

But it pulls off a great shave.

The beauty of it is you just keep getting better and better with DE razors.

My face has adapted to the shaving and it just feels great.

I truly love being able to do a single pass WTG shave over a weeks worth of stubble, and for the few minutes it takes you look great and smell great.

If DE shaving were invented last week, the cartridge razors would never compete with them.

And to not have to grind a noisy electric all over my face anymore is very peaceful!

Originally Posted By: Falken
^This is my method as well.

But I can happily shave WTG, then do a modified Against the Grain.

My cheeks, chin, upper lip, and neck above my Adams Apple can take a beating.

I only shave with the grain, or diagonally on the lower neck.

I get on and off razor burn there, even an electric razor can't pick up those hairs they lay so flat with the skin.

But it pulls off a great shave.

The beauty of it is you just keep getting better and better with DE razors.

My face has adapted to the shaving and it just feels great.

I truly love being able to do a single pass WTG shave over a weeks worth of stubble, and for the few minutes it takes you look great and smell great.

If DE shaving were invented last week, the cartridge razors would never compete with them.

And to not have to grind a noisy electric all over my face anymore is very peaceful!

Though I occasionally do single pass, with the grain shaves, they aren't a very close shave. They look okay, but if I rub my hand over my face, there's lots of stubble. That's why I usually do at least a two pass shave (with the grain and against), or a three pass with an across the grain added in....this leaves my face baby butt smooth...and you're right, the carts just can't compete with a good DE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back