If you could only have one battery charger...

Sounds like a great charger for his girlfriend.

Maybe not... But
Sounds like a great charger for his girlfriend.

If she's smart enough she could handle it no problem... Just saying.

I know a good number of ladies that could easily handle it.

One I went to school with probably could use it to jump start someone's heart if need be. She was exceptionally intelligent...

Maybe not... But

If she's smart enough she could handle it no problem... Just saying.

I know a good number of ladies that could easily handle it.

One I went to school with probably could use it to jump start someone's heart if need be. She was exceptionally intelligent...

How well does that work sitting in the driveway in a rainshower?

optimate 6

good from 3-240 AH batts

In all seriousness... This recommendation by UD is a very very good one.

3 amp to 240 amp hr range is great. You could use it on a very small tractor battery to a very high end high amp hour vehicle battery.

I find I need to use an antique 6/12v 2/6a motorcycle charger most of the time because I have to recover drained batteries.

I use the antique combined with a 12v 40/110 amp fully electronic desulphator/engine start charger to keep rarely used devices from needing a new battery every year

The desulphator won’t start without the dumb trickle charger so I need both, probably saved close to a grand on batteries having this combination of chargers over the years.

I prefer the old school metal body battery chargers that will last you a lifetime unlike the overpriced disposable Noco's. I have a Motomaster brand one from Canadian Tire that has always worked great for me.

I prefer the old school metal body battery chargers that will last you a lifetime unlike the overpriced disposable Noco's. I have a Motomaster brand one from Canadian Tire that has always worked great for me.
I have the old red and white Motomaster my dad bought probably when I was a kid in the 80s. Only works at 2amps now though.

I find I need to use an antique 6/12v 2/6a motorcycle charger most of the time because I have to recover drained batteries.

Old school would be ideal because its sounding like the Noco Genius is the only charger that has a force charge program..

She needs that feature.

I have the old red and white Motomaster my dad bought probably when I was a kid in the 80s. Only works at 2amps now though.

I've been using an old Schauer charger for about 45 years, similar to this one but 4 amp version, works great.

tte0dJr7gZNmGp6qyFAIeTsVsstY5cC63BEtuUtQh1ppHTtJYVB4VHHkFn0AAPKCY03n3nJ-X1h_jyWbtZo475UniwUsFMjcsqMB4XLwrlwIA7FmcU8CRpds7IoxbixCZpnWgkEdkViJN6d0mG2sEtjQIfgoVz_4qPG4pRaXUA6MvDvIkiVlJhTdEFIRs5je6EUQ4Xqyrc0TeBdGMFPHoGxejImz5iSsVR1WqOYbA9df5AZPJBhO9y6BWmv-EEV71FAsJOfvO9l2QfTmgGfzQn6E_2dhYEq47c2cI3oEEgZ1o5bfT3d-mtnWnuPeTjMCFD3KkIynPLnVky3t3FoLsobgOFzDM3B-A7hCxp2z-qYxFosOqDqu5gbGf2rgIi8yovtdNj1BYxf2MyRYixsgF43PDvLYbkrm-u0VpWrvWgshm2OyRX8rADUlgr9hw7699hUKmrzwJcJQmrO6hHhSoKCPxVA-f_xaM3UKFOsNxyuji9ScnqK2te6VnULrCp8pPwbPJlt7GQ-nya7iGV0RT9oQNs-nuOV38K06ot46Q9YaPoX5-dGj6AsD2u2s0k0MW5Bur40vz9VVAiivVahh5dBP2Fr-8KABLpPO62iF_EepXhzBrn-O_sdMAolzkO8D2YU_aAz3NeXA9pBYn_qF3EUEuQ=w1024-h733-no

That one looks cool. Mine is just like this one. From the late 80s I believe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211206-070318.jpg
    Screenshot_20211206-070318.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20211206-070408.jpg
    Screenshot_20211206-070408.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 14
Can do and WILL do are two different things.

My wife CAN do many things if she had to. Will do is another question.
Mine is smart enough but she has me to do these things and knows it's my favorite hobby I have.
I did give her a hard time for never having checked her oil before. I told her it would be a real expensive day if she ran her Hyundai out of oil and they didn't cover it under the engine recall.

Old school would be ideal because its sounding like the Noco Genius is the only charger that has a force charge program..

She needs that feature.

As long as you know about the manual vs automatic nature of these devices, and can make sure she sets it correctly each time you are good.

The force mode on the Noco is nice, but it's a manual process.
The Noco needs to be manually started each cycle its plugged in/clamped on and set properly.
Id be curious to know in the case of a power outage if the noco returns to last program or just sits there.

The optimate is completely automatic - you just plug it in and walk away and it detects the battery size and determines the correct charging amperage and voltage. It will charge from .5 volt completely automatically without pressing anything.

If she's flattening batts below 10V with regularity you are going to have extremely short battery lifespans.

As long as you know about the manual vs automatic nature of these devices, and can make sure she sets it correctly each time you are good.

The force mode on the Noco is nice, but it's a manual process.
The Noco needs to be manually started each cycle its plugged in/clamped on and set properly.
Id be curious to know in the case of a power outage if the noco returns to last program or just sits there.

The optimate is completely automatic - you just plug it in and walk away and it detects the battery size and determines the correct charging amperage and voltage. It will charge from .5 volt completely automatically without pressing anything.

If she's flattening batts below 10V with regularity you are going to have extremely short battery lifespans.

I've got a maintainer with a 6/12V switch and an automatic cutoff when it senses it's fully charged. That's not necessarily a force mode. However, that has a rather old-school analog system that doesn't time out like some maintainers and can be used to force a 12V battery to charge but won't overcharge if I forget about it.

Can do and WILL do are two different things.

My wife CAN do many things if she had to. Will do is another question.
My wife will help me with more or less anything I ask. Indeed she will help me, and even will clean up my mess or put away things after I do a job.

She absolutely will put the maintenance charger on the battery when it’s cold out and the car has sat a while.

I’ve got a gem.

My wife will help me with more or less anything I ask. Indeed she will help me, and even will clean up my mess or put away things after I do a job.

She absolutely will put the maintenance charger on the battery when it’s cold out and the car has sat a while.

I’ve got a gem.

She got a sister?

haha just kidding Im good on that front

- but clearly rewarded to focus on making things easy.

I've been using an old Schauer charger for about 45 years, similar to this one but 4 amp version, works great.
These definitely have their place - but that place is only in a covered garage.

A night out in the rain and its done, much less a week.

If the car is in the driveway an IP65 rated unit you can ignore for weeks to months completely is the way to go if you are starting from scratch.

Back