If You Could Meet Someone From BITOG?

There are a number of members here that, if I ever travel in their direction, I would really like to reach out to and be able to meet them one on one. Yup, there are many here that I actually look forward to seeing them participate in a thread, not only for the knowledge they bring to the table, but also for how well they respect their fellow BITOG members, how helpful they are, their sense of humor, and other things.

No way that @Jdeere562 guy. I've heard stories from the womenfolk. Takes their food and never tips!
That is untrue. She just texted me yesterday and thanked me for the $100 gift card and cookies. She just found the card in the bag with the clean dishes for her that I returned last week. Said I did not have to do that, because of all the snow blowing I did for her for years.

I wanted to call her, but was on the phone with my Daughter. Her hubby was just coming out of a 5 hour brain surgery. Something growing in there, and they needed some samples for pathology, so they can know how to treat him. Any prayers are welcome. :mad:

I’d want to meet @k1xv, as a fellow ham and Vermonter.

Unless I’ve already met him at a Burlington or Boston area hamfest :)
Tell you what. I am K1XV. Look me up. I am President of the Vermont-New Hampshire Chapter of the quarter Century Wireless Association. We are having a luncheon at the Harpoon Brewery in Windsor VT starting around 11;30am. on May 25. Come if you can. You can contact me via e-mail as listed on QRZ.

No, the avtar is not my real picture.

That is untrue. She just texted me yesterday and thanked me for the $100 gift card and cookies. She just found the card in the bag with the clean dishes for her that I returned last week. Said I did not have to do that, because of all the snow blowing I did for her for years.

I wanted to call her, but was on the phone with my Daughter. Her hubby was just coming out of a 5 hour brain surgery. Something growing in there, and they needed some samples for pathology, so they can know how to treat him. Any prayers are welcome. :mad:
Will do on the prayers.

The rumor mill will slowly clear up. Obviously they just lumped you in with other BITOGers in the tipping department!

Who was that trainwreck from a few years ago who had multiple accounts, always trying to 'fix' Volvos and a basket-case Civic in the most sketchy ways possible and being completely obtuse and combative about it? I'd love to meet him (for no more than five minutes!) just to see what makes a guy like that the way he is.
I patiently helped that guy for quite a while. This is an advice forum so that's what we're supposed to do.

Please fill in Mr Pop Culture Ignoramus (me) here. Who's the guy in @k1xv's avatar?
He resembles someone I used to know.

The picture was from a mug shot in my local news. He was a local drunk driver who got into an accident in a construction zone, hitting a construction worker. I saved the picture to send to the guy I thought he resembled.
I also send it as a joke to people I used to know decades ago, who want a photo of what I look like today.

Very interesting question… Who I would like to meet in person.

I would like to meet in person strude53, Zee09, 4wd, wwayne, JHRZ2, OVERKILL, wemay, hrv, Malo53, wemay, Dave Hess, Normanbuntz, GON, Pew, Astro14, kschachn, Demarpaint, Pablo, jeffk, Thecritic, Davers, sayjac, Tigeo, Zee0six, HPL Dave, DavidNewton3, billt460, SR5 and Shannow, Nick1994, automechanic, bdcardinal, jxthompson.

And even Hall… I’d bet good money we would have a good time if we got together.

And CKN too.. . I enjoy his posts and think he’d be a lot of fun to talk too.

And UncleDave… Awesome posts and he’d be fun to talk to.

Cujet.. Too .. Really learn from his posts a lot too.

Rooflessvw… We may disagree on a number of things but I know we agree on a number of other things. And I believe he is a good, good guy.

Last edited:
He resembles someone I used to know.

The picture was from a mug shot in my local news. He was a local drunk driver who got into an accident in a construction zone, hitting a construction worker. I saved the picture to send to the guy I thought he resembled.
I also send it as a joke to people I used to know decades ago, who want a photo of what I look like today.
I (wrongly) presumed he was a character from a TV show or movie I hadn't seen, or a rock band musician from a group I'd never heard of, and that everyone else was in on the joke.

This happens to me frequently. 😁

Back