if one of us dies, how would we know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously, I doubt any of us have shared our usernames and passwords with our spouses or families so that they would even know the life we lead on the internet forums.
there are a lot of members who I don't see post here anymore and it's sobering to think that they could just pass on w/o anyone here knowing.

people here often check out each others facebooks. I think we'd know. We did with Gary Allen

Ive often thought about this so you arent alone!

I belong to so many forums on the web (boating, cars, appliances, lawn equipment, computers, health, finance, engine oil, lol) I dont know how anybody would know if I ever kicked off. Its not like Im friends with anybody OFF the forums, aside from my boating forums because I boat with those people.

Maybe we should start a service, for a fee, that would kindly alert the forums we all belong to in the event that we die...lol.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Personally who cares if anyone here knows if we croak or not?

Well, I would care if someone else passed, I'd want to know about it. Wouldn't you?

You know you have died if you are suddenly standing in front of Big Pearly Gates in the Clouds.

I,m gonna play safe and bring a Lawyer.

Originally Posted By: cjcride
You know you have died if you are suddenly standing in front of Big Pearly Gates in the Clouds.

I,m gonna play safe and bring a Lawyer.

LOLOLOLOL

Personally, the last thing I'd worry about is when I pass away people on an internet forum will not know.

The same apply to your high school classmate, elementary school buddy, kindergarten playmates, etc. How would they know if you pass away?

It has happened on other forums I regular at. I have never met anyone personally but it's still sad if they are a regular poster and an active part of that community.

And no, as you figured, no one of my family or friends knows I go on here.

I thought that I have achieved immortality on BITOG. Don't try to burst my bubble.

If one of us suddenly dies, life will continue as normal, except of course we'd miss the either good or silly posts made by that member.

I personally would be sad if a member dies because they will no longer entertain me with UOAs as i'm sure the better half wouldn't log on and continue to build trending UOAs data.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I have'nt seen any posts from johnny in a year

I believe because he is finally enjoying his retirement.

I use cookies and auto login and am vain enough to think my wife would say something. If she kicked it first I'd dig through her computer, absolutely, and let her knitting forum know she's done for.

I have had the same thoughts. I haven't heard from great posters like Undummy, RayH and others in a long time. I hope they hit lotto and are too busy to post on forums now...

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Originally Posted By: spasm3
I have'nt seen any posts from johnny in a year

I believe because he is finally enjoying his retirement.

I was wondering if he would post again. I miss reading and gleaning from his wisdom.

Originally Posted By: pbm
I have had the same thoughts. I haven't heard from great posters like Undummy, RayH and others in a long time. I hope they hit lotto and are too busy to post on forums now...

I miss Obbop and his shanty.

I miss his insight also and he still had connections in the oil industry and could get the skinny on blenders products and separate the marketing hype from the product performance. That being said he was a valuable poster on here and I wish him the best in his retirement but with me being selfish I would like for him to post just for us to see how he is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back